19131 Bloomfield Ave
Cerritos, CA 90703-7104

New Peking Restaurant

Neighborhoods: ABC
Cuisine: Chinese, Asian, Lunch

New Peking Restaurant is a Chinese, Asian, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Very good Chinese food, and very reasonably priced."
"been a customer for over 20 years and only one time have I been disappointed of the food portion size. but the flavor is always great."
"Best food and service. "
"personable service, good food"
Cons
"Sodas would be nice if it was fountain drinks. Not soda cans. Ice tea is the best. "
"ambiance was fair....nothing special"
Comments
"Highly recommend this location. "
"No"
  • 12/24/2016

A diner from Riverside, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Very good Chinese food, and very reasonably priced.
  • 9/18/2016

A Chinese food lover from Compton, CA tried it.

• 9/26/2015

A dining patron from Menifee, CA tried it.

• 9/08/2015

A diner from Cerritos, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/20/2015

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/03/2015

A Chinese chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Best food and service.
    Cons
    Comments
    Highly recommend this location.
  • 11/24/2014

A Chinese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/11/2014

A Chinese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 7/22/2014

A Chinese chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 12/29/2013

A Chinese chowhound from Ontario, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

tupperprincess photo

tupperprincess

Norwalk, CA

Doesn't look like much, but don't let that fool you!

I’ve been going to New Peking for years, and I’ve never had a bad experience. It’s a little hole in the wall place, but I think that’s why I like it. The staff is friendly and attentive, the prices are much lower than the big Chinese chain restaurants, and the food is every bit as good. Orange chicken and Mu Shu Pork are the best!

Orange Chicken

Enough to share. Perfectly cooked, the sauce is sweet and tangy. My absolute favorite!

Mu Shu Pork

Another winner! They put the ‘burritos’ together tableside. Yummy!

Vegetable Fried Rice

Nice taste, lots of veggies. One of the better fried rices I’ve tasted.

mgpinkish photo

mgpinkish

Cerritos, CA

From above average to below average

This is a pretty spacious restaurant. The first two times I came here, I thought I had found a hidden gem for Chinese food in the city of Cerritos. Unfortunately, I was wrong as my last visit here in the beginning of 2012 (or was it the end of 2011?) proved otherwise. I walked in and was not greeted. More than one employee saw me but none bothered to say hello to me.

The restaurant was somewhat busy considering the fact that it was dinner time when I went. However, it wasn’t a full house and I’m sure a simple hello would not have interrupted their work system.

Although I have dined inside before, this time around, I chose to order for to go.

Customer service stinked to the core for some reason (I was expecting better service as I had received above average service in the past) and I’m not just talking about the no hello thing as the lack of greeting/welcome upon entering the restaurant was just the icing on the cake to bad service.

I placed my order with a female employee. She seemed rather impatient with me as I did my best to search as fast as I could for vegetarian friendly items. After I ordered, I sat on a chair by the cash register’s counter. I can’t count how many times the female employee swiftly walked by me to serve customers dining at a large table not too far from where I was sitting. It’s one thing to be efficient; it’s a totally different thing to be a walking safety hazard. It was also somewhat rude. It didn’t bother me that she never bothered to excuse herself each time she walked ever so closely (too closely) by me, but it bothered me a lot to think about possible mishaps of her tripping and landing on me, of her spilling hot food over me as she swiftly passes by and so on. Fortunately, none of these scenarios occurred BUT I really wouldn’t have been surprised had they actually occurred as the risk(s) were present.

I’m not sure why or who thought it was a good idea to place “waiting” chairs there. It was practically a fire hazard and an accident/mishap waiting to happen.

By the time my order was ready and it was time for me to pay, I no longer was feeling this particular female employee. I’m not sure what it was but there was something ingenuine about her towards me. Her conversation and smile with me as I was about to leave came off forced/fake. Perhaps she didn’t find me to be important enough of a customer as I was only one customer (1 = less orders of food) & just so happened to be a take out customer (take out = no tip) as well.

I tried the food later and was disappointed. The only good thing in my order was the egg rolls. It was a major disappointment as I’ve had food here in the past and it actually was pretty good. The bean curd I ordered for to go was heavily brazed in some thick sauce loaded in MSG that didn’t taste good whatsoever.

What has happened to this restaurant? This restaurant has transformed from a place that offers above average service and food to a place that offers below average service and food.

I don’t know if I want to go back to this place again. I might give them one more try just to see if my last visit was pure coincidence.

For those that are interested in visiting this restaurant, try coming during lunch or any time before dinner. My positive experiences with this restaurant was during the afternoon hours.

Egg Roll (4)

Their egg rolls are vegetarian and crispy. They were good.

Vegetable Chow Mein

Their chow mein is better than the chow mein served at Tien Tien. In comparison to Tien Tien’s chow mien, it wasn’t as salty or brown. It also had a better/delicate flavor.

Chinese Asian Lunch

New Peking Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

New Peking Restaurant is located near the cities of Artesia, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, Bellflower, and Cypress.
People found this by searching for: New Peking Restaurant, The New Peking, New Peking Restaurant Cerritos, Ca, New Peking Cerritos Menu, New Peking Lakewood Menu, New Peking Cerritos, New Peking Restaurant Cerritos, and New Peking Restaurant Cerritos Menu.