542 Fischer Boulevard
Toms River, NJ 08753

New York Water Bagel Company

Cuisine: American, Subs, Sandwiches

New York Water Bagel Company is a American, Subs, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Good selection of bagels and a variety of different sandwiches"
"The bad news is there is a wait, however it's because the food is good best bagels around. No one beats boars head so them only serving it makes the sandwiches banging. Never a bad experience. Do try the strawberry cream cheese yummy.. "
"Leaving"
Cons
"A wait, but we'll worth it...."
"I got about a pound of cream cheese on my bagel. I quietly walked up to the counter but some lady pushing a mop around asked what was wrong. I pointed to the bagel and she goes "you have to tell them u dont want so much creamcheese". Lol. I wish"
Comments
"Dont go here. "
  • 11/03/2018

A diner from Toms River, NJ tried it.

• 5/30/2018

An American food lover from Toms River, NJ tried it.

• 4/08/2018

An American chowhound from Jersey City, NJ tried it.

• 7/02/2017

An American chowhound from Toms River, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Good selection of bagels and a variety of different sandwiches
  • 5/25/2017

A dining patron from Toms River, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
    A wait, but we'll worth it....
  • 5/24/2017

An American food lover from Secaucus, NJ tried it.

• 4/22/2017

A diner from Toms River, NJ tried it.

• 3/02/2017

A diner from Belmar, NJ tried it and liked it.

• 1/24/2014

An American food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Leaving
    Cons
    Comments
    Dont go here.
Mike23 photo

Mike23

Toms River, NJ

Nasty bitch who works there

I come in here quite often, and all the employees are very nice except for this one lady. She is a short, older women with short hair who looks miserable every time i come in. She is also extremely nasty when you ask her questions, for example I asked her where the coffee holders were and she said “right in front of you”. Then as she walked away she mumbled to another employee and they both turned around and looked at me. I once ordered deli meat and they have many chioces so i love coming here for my cold cuts, unfortunelty when i go here to order it, this older women is always working. As i was watching her slice my cheese she ate a piece of it as she was slicing it. From now on i will not go there for any cold cuts when she is working!

BOTCH photo

BOTCH

Staten Island, NY

Best Bagels

Went to NYWater Bagel and found them to be the best bagels around. Service is excellent and food is great. Try their amazing cream cheeses. My new stop every weekend.

jaimenicole7 photo

jaimenicole7

SHITTY SERVICE

My boyfriend and I come to NYWB for breakfast occasionally. Usually on a weekend morning when we are in a rush. There is usually a line especially in the summer, but where isn’t there a line. Last Sunday the 1st of July was a horrible experience at best.

To begin there wasn’t a line so I think people know when this woman is working and know to just stay away.
We stopped a few feet before the counter so she could finish what she was doing before we came up, but instead we wound up waiting 5 minutes for her to finish talking to her “girls”. Once she finally took notice of us, she just looked at us. No “Can I help you?” no nothing.
We got over that quickly when we ordered our food. I got a Taylor ham egg and cheese sandwich on a sesame seed bagel with pepper only and my boyfriend got 2 egg whites and home fries with white toast. (Had she given us a receipt in the first place we would have caught her mistakes sooner).
We then waited off to the side so the next person could order when we decided that we were going to buy a quart of skim milk. The reason why I am Specifying skim milk is because when I went up to the counter she said “2%” and I said “No, it’s skim” She proceeded to tap a bunch of things on the screen without a word. There is a $5 card minimum so I had paid with cash. My total was $1.59 so I got out exact change. She was not happy with this. The counter woman (who was about 50) proceeded to childishly tap her nails and sigh loudly at me while I got my change out. I finished paying and stepped to the said again.
Our food came and we were off. Upon arrival at home we discovered that she had given us a horribly wrong order. And it was not the cooks fault because that was in fact on the receipt. She gave me Taylor ham and cheese (no egg) and salt (not pepper) and my boyfriend got eggs over easy (Runny yolks and all) and wheat toast (not white).
I don’t get it. Who said anything about over easy? It’s not like I said anything about salt for my order, I said pepper. Why was there salt on my sandwich? You could literally see the grains of salt in the cheese! The woman at the counter on Sundays is horrible! If you do decide you want to go and see a middle aged woman with a shirt too tight and leather skin that’s over-tanned and fake over-dyed hair…RUN

Dozen Bagels

capndick photo

capndick

Very Slow

Silly me, I went in just to buy bagels. I found that their sandwiches are more important to them. A simple bagel purchase gets put in line with the many specialty sandwich orders, resulting in a very long wait. I every other bagel shop I have been in fills orders for bagels immediately without making the customer wait for all the sandwiches. Not here.

Dozen Bagels

OK, but too long a wait.

darkchocolate photo

darkchocolate

Brick, NJ

Amazin Food

the blonde chick that works there is hot. and the food taste good to i guess.

nicki1103 photo

nicki1103

Manalapan, NJ

insanewhich!!

Ok, so i am a frequent customer of NY water bagel. I go there every weekend, so this time i decided to try lunch. they had a new menu item called the big apple burger. It was phenominal. A big juicy burger between two grilled cheeses, with bacon, more cheese and onion rings. it was HUGE! loved it!!!! Cant wait til the summer, they’re opening a seaside store right down the block from bamboo and karma! cant wait to bring my friends there

Big Apple Burger- Insanewhich

AMAZIIINNNG!!! Big juicy cheeseburger with thick bacon, between two grilled cheeses (with 3 diff types of cheeses in each) on fresh texas toast! with battered onion rings on top, lettuce and tomato. UNBELIEVABLE!

truth2100 photo

truth2100

Mantoloking, NJ

NYW Bagel Review

This establishment was extremly clean and welcoming. The bagels were fresh and prepared quickly. If you enjoy homemade cream cheese then you need to experience NY Bagels wide viriety. I highly recommend the vegtable CC.

Not only was the food highly recommendable but the owner was beyond generous. My boyfriend and I had walked in right when they were about to close and had already made ourselves ice coffee. Instead of locking us out he handed us a bag of a dozen plus free bagels and gave the coffee to us free of charge.

All in all, this place was remarkable! An overall outstanding experience.

KMY1027 photo

KMY1027

Toms River, NJ

AMAZING BAGELS & GREAT FOOD, THAT GUY BELOW ME IS NUTS !

THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE GUY!! First of all I would like to just inform everyone that New York Water Bagel Company is just what the Jersey Shore needed! Growing up in Brooklyn, NY where the best bagels are made for 25 years before moving to Toms RIver; I can be the first to tell an amazing bagel to an average or horrible bagel. New York Water Bagel Company happens to have AMAZING bagels, I stop in every morning on my drive to work, the friendly cashier doesn’t even ask for my name anymore because they know me from coming in so often. I go every weekend and buy at least 2 dozen for my family. Having a house right by the water we often have many visitors, both friends and family. Not once did I ever come home with bagels from New York Water Bagel Company and have anyone complain about bad bagels. I just have a question for you, buddy below me; TERRAGANI’S OWNER? OR FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER OF THE OWNER OF TERRAGANI’S? Every single person that has ever been in the store while I am in there seems nothing but satisfied. As for the readers of these reviews, before New York Water Bagel Company opened my son and I were interested in possibly opening and bagel shop and pizzeria and looked around the area for any for sale. We didn’t have much luck finding any that were already established for sale. The real estate agent gave us a call a few months later (shortly after New York Water Bagel Company was opened) and told me the location of a bagel store that was for sale. WHAT A SHOCKER IT IS TERRAGANI’S! New York Water Bagel Company obviously must have had some impact on them for him to all of a sudden be closing. That comment made my night by laughing so hard! The employees at New York Water Bagel Company can’t do enough for you, I have walked in when they are just about closing and still they made me my sandwich. One thing I can honestly say about this bagel store is they always make me and the other customers feel as if we are their main priority. It is the new favorite neighborhood bagel store. I will continue to go to New York Water Bagel Company every day!

jlivingston1978 photo

jlivingston1978

Don't Bother!!

Being a brand new operation, you would think this place would at least produce AVERAGE bagels. WOW, what a shocker! They were probably THE worst bagels I’ve ever had! And I’ve had bagels from the best locations in NJ (ie Watson Bagel in Irvington)! I bought a dozen mixed bagels, and first tried the everything bagel (my personal favorite). The bagel was undercooked, way too doughy, too much ready sponge and not enough seeds on it. I’ve gotten much better bagels at super markets and chains like Manhattan Bagel (there’s one right here in Toms River) Actually, the best bagels I’ve had in this area were from a small place called Terragani’s right down the street. Excellent bagels with pleasant wait staff and decent pricing. As for this place, its a MAJOR thumbs down!!

Bagel store Parking Wifi
Sun-Sat 06:00AM - 03:00PM (Hours )

New York Water Bagel Company  Restaurant Reviews

New York Water Bagel Company is located near the cities of South Toms River, Beachwood, Pine Beach, and Island Heights.
People found this by searching for: New York Water Bagel Toms River, New York Water Bagel Company, New York Water Company Bagel Shop Menu, Ny Water Bagels Toms River Nj, New York Water Bagel Menu, New York Water Bagel Company Toms River Nj, New York Water Bagel, New York Water Bagels Toms River Nj, and Ny Water Bagel Toms River Nj.