835 W Las Tunas Dr
San Gabriel, CA 91776-1073

Newport Seafood Restaurant

Neighborhoods: San Gabriel
Cuisine: Seafood, Asian, Chinese

Newport Seafood Restaurant is a Seafood, Asian, and Chinese restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Cons
"Bad service, took so long for someone to come over to take orders and to give us our check. The steamed red cod had very little meat on it and a little tough. The fried salty pork was very dry and over cooked. The vegetable dishes and the shrim"
  • 1/09/2021

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 8/29/2017

A Seafood chowhound from Arcadia, CA tried it.

• 5/13/2017

A dining patron from Alhambra, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/20/2016

A dining patron from Arcadia, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
  • 2/04/2016

A Seafood chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 9/09/2013

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

• 6/27/2013

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 4/07/2013

A diner from Rowland Heights, CA tried it.

• 3/24/2013

A Seafood food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

flavortrail photo

flavortrail

Spicy Surf n Turf in San Gabriel

Here’s a great restaurant for taking guests. Their private rooms are quieter, spacious, divided by dark Chinese carved lattice mahogony. The very classy table was graced by etched glass lazy susan. This is a white-tablecloth- linen -napkin kind’a place and we were more than comfortable with really good service. How good? They changed our plates at least 4 times. It’s hard to believe this is in the old Marie Calendar’s building. For those of you who wish to return and duplicate our menu, here it is -or of what I can remember. I selected it with the help of Phillip, the manager who speaks very good English. We started with braided crab and fish maw soup. This was a very thick, mild flavored soup. I would have preferred something much spicier. It’s the only item I would not go back for. The house lobster ($15.99 @ lb.) was in a delicious spicy sauce. We wanted larger, but we got a 5 ½ pounder and could have eaten more. But we ordered 9 dishes. So much more to come. We used our fingers, and slurped on the delicious shell after the lobster meat was devoured. I would also suggest this dish with crab instead. It’s easier to break open a crabshell. Beef cubes French style was a tasty balance to our menu, since we had so much fish. The filet was tender, in a dark savory sauce served over sliced onions. There was a nice balance going on. The large fried black trout has a most impressive presentation. Big hit – all kept going back for more, searching each nook and cranny for more meat and lucious scallion sauce. Clams in basil sauce were excellent. The clams were on the large side and the basil was added at the last minute so they were fragrant and fresh tasting. We wanted to add a chicken dish and on recommendation we ordered Kung Pao. It was fine Kung Pao, but I think that next time will replace it with something more adventurous. The house vegetable dish was a very mild, Cantonese style of mixed vegetables. Too bland for my taste. We needed to amp up the flavor. The Pork Chop was a dish of crispy fried strips of pork that looked tough but was tender and not in a sauce – kids would love this dish. This was, in fact, a finger-food kind of meal, and more than once I accidentally allowed my fingers to linger on my lips for an extra taste of great sauces. The tab was $260 incl tax, tip, 2 beers & $10 corckage (party of 10). On my foodie-driving scale of 0 –10 miles I give this a 20. Because its 20 miles from my house and I would go back again if you invite me.

House Lobster

tangy, tasty, left wanting more

Seafood Asian Chinese

Newport Seafood Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Newport Seafood Restaurant is located near the cities of Alhambra, San Marino, Rosemead, Southwest San Gabriel Valley, and Monterey Park.
People found this by searching for: Newport Seafood Restaurant Alhambra, Newport Seafood Restaurant San Gabriel, Newport Seafood Menu San Gabriel, Newport Seafood Alhambra, Newport Restaurant San Gabriel, Newport Seafood, and Newport Seafood San Gabriel Menu.