2015 Birch Rd, Ste 720
Chula Vista, CA 91915

Nico's Steak & Chop House

Neighborhoods: Otay Ranch
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Catering, Traditional

Nico's Steak & Chop House is a Steakhouse, Catering, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

farmerma photo

farmerma

Chula Vista, CA

Nico's has room for improvement

Let’s just say, Nico’s has much room for improvement. They are new, so I’m hoping they’re just trying to get it right and I went a little too early on.

I booked a reservation online, quick and easy, and they seated us within five minutes of our arrival. Decor is fabulous! Lot of art-deco glass and wood. The bar area opens up to a beautiful patio area with firepits and upholstered chairs.

Service was rather slow. One appetizer arrived well before any others and wasn’t even fully cooked (how do you undercook soup?). Steaks were flavorful, though I’d hoped they’d be a bit juicier. Must EVERY dish come with an unappetizing accompaniment? Not even sure what it was, but everyone at our table tasted it and hated it.

Everything comes a-la-carte, so the price goes up, up, up, depending on how “complete” you want our meal to be. Three of us ordered glasses of wine and, let’s just say, they weren’t generous glasses. Granted, the glass was a bit larger, but it was barely 1/3 full. I paid how much for that?

I’ll try it again, but think I’ll wait a few months for them to get things together a little more. Hopefully I’ll see improvement. As it was, it wasn’t worth the price we paid.

Ribeye

Flavorful, but could have been juicier. Presentation was pretty bland.

artc25 photo

artc25

Chula Vista, CA

Nico's is off to a good start!

We (7 people) visited Nico’s on Wednesday night.

The decor and feeling of the restaurant are great. Drinks were right on.

The salad (wedge salad) was very good, food was cooked as requested, and service was attentive.

As far as being a new restaurant, they seemed to be working efficiently already. I’m sure they will get even better with a few more time udner their belts.

Overall, a 4. I hope they keep it up!

NY Steak

Cooked right and delicious.

minota photo

minota

San Diego, CA

Unsatisfied Costumer

Pretty nice place, loved the bar area. However, service was really bad. Dirty glasses, no serving utensils for our sides and our steaks were not cooked as requested. Very nice place for such lousy service.

animabella photo

animabella

A true delight

I loved this place. It has a warm welcoming decor, the bar is nice and fully stocked. I had the best vodka martini there. And believe me it is hard to find someone that makes a martini to my liking. My waitress Serena was a true pleasure. The food was absolutely delicious. I can’t wait to retun.

Mac and Cheese

Prepared just right

sdgurl photo

sdgurl

Vary Niiiiiice

Nico’s is a long time coming for our South Bay neighborhood. The service is excellent. The menu is simple and reasonably priced, yet, interesting with just the right amount of choices. I was there a couple of months ago and had the pork spare ribs-no longer on the menu, please bring them back. Tonight we ate at the bar and had a spinach salad, calamari, and tune tar tare-very good. The food tasted very fresh, and was full of flavor while maintaining simplicity. The drink menu in the bar is very reasonable. For a party of three with about 5 cocktails and four appetizers our bill came to $89 and change. Service was prompt, friendly and professional. The one thing everybody should know about this restaurant is, please leave your babies at home and enjoy a sophisticated night out in the South Bay. Let’s set a precedent and have a place just for us grown ups. Support our local businesses! Go Nico’s!

Spinach Salad

Very fresh and clean tasting.

Steakhouse Parking Catering

Nico's Steak & Chop House  Restaurant Reviews

Nico's Steak & Chop House is located near the cities of Lynwood Hills, Lincoln Acres, National City, and Waretown.
People found this by searching for: Nicos Otay Ranch, Nikos Steakhouse Chula Vista, Nico's Steak And Chop House, Nico's Steak And Chop House Menu, Nicos Steak And Chop House, Nikos Restaurant Chula Vista, and Cookout In Chula Vista Mail.