287 Central Ave
White Plains, NY 10606

Niko's Greek Taverna

Cuisine: Greek, European, American

Niko's Greek Taverna is a Greek, European, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 4/30/2017

A Greek chowhound from US tried it.

Misunderstood photo

Misunderstood

Scarsdale, NY

Not the friendliest owner...

Food is good; however, the owner/manager was extremely rude and when we approached him with an issue he didn’t want to hear about anything negative. Also watch out for some hidden costs – they automatically add gratuity for 5 or more (including kids!!!) instead of the usual 6 or more at other restaurants and they charge for all soft drink refills even though they don’t mention that when they ask if you want a refill.

NewYorker98 photo

NewYorker98

White Plains, NY

Overpriced-Waste of Time!!

I heard about Niko’s from family and thought I’d give it a try with them.

Here are my good points from this establishment:
1. I enjoyed the complimentary pita/bread selection.
2. My waiter was fantastic.
3. Wonderful atmosphere.

Here are my negative points from this establishment:
1. The entire menu was overpriced.
2. I ordered a simple Greek salad. I was presented with an appetizer sized entree…which I was very disappointed by. The salad only had four olives and two tomato slices. The salad was very bare..with little dressing. ($10.00)
3. I ordered a Diet Coke. It came in a small glass filled with ice…I estimated that I was only served 1/4 of a typical can of soda due to glass size and the limited space from the ice. ($2.95)

Overall, I was highly disappointed. I truly believed that a restaurant that had been Zagat rated and appeared majestic on the outside would have been more extrodinary and pleasing both to the mind and palate. I left still with an appetite and a hunger for better service.

Garden Salad

I actually ordered the Greek Salad, but I could not find it in the list.

I rate this dish poor because it was overpriced and was not spectacular in any way.

Truthfully, it was the size of what an appetizer salad should be. There were only four olives, and two tomato slices. I do credit the salad a bit, though as the presentation was exceptional. But, it was very bare and was in need of more dressing.
I would have expected much more out of a Greek Salad from a Greek restaurant. (My local diner has a better Greek salad with more variety of ingredients including anchovies for a fraction of the cost)!

101food photo

101food

Westchester, NY

Best in Greek Food

This is a small place and you should make a reservation.

It is real Greek food made fresh and very well.

It is family owned and operated and it shows.

The down side is they do not turn tables well, so a 7:00pm reservation can turn into 7:30. That has nothing to do with the food.

Take out is always great.

Small and cramped, but that is the style.

Almost all

The Octopus and the dips are not good.

The rest enjoy. Hey you may like the dips I have just had better.

10/29/2020

A Chinese food lover from US tried Bao's Chinese Cuisine.

10/09/2020

A Pizza food lover from US tried Nonna's Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
All good
9/15/2020

A dining patron from Scarsdale, NY tried Aberdeen.

9/01/2020

A Korean chowhound from Blauvelt, NY tried Kalbi House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/28/2020

A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried Francesco's Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
excellent food, friendly service
8/24/2020

A diner from Garfield, NJ tried Francesco's Restaurant.

8/24/2020

A diner from US tried Hastings Tea.

8/11/2020

A dining patron from Stratford, CT tried Veracruz Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/21/2020

An Italian food lover from White Plains, NY tried Italian Pavilion and liked it.

7/15/2020

A Dim Sum chowhound from Yonkers, NY tried Aberdeen.

Greek Good For Kids Takeout

Niko's Greek Taverna  Restaurant Reviews

Niko's Greek Taverna is located near the cities of East White Plains, Westchester County, North White Plains, Hartsdale, and West Harrison.
People found this by searching for: Greek Restaurant White Plains, Nikos Central Ave, Nikos White Plains, Nikko's, White Plains, Ny, Nicos White Plains, Greek On Central Ave Ny, Nikos Greek White Plains, and Nico's Hartsdale.