Nine Mile

Neighborhoods: Historic Montford
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Cafe, Catering

Nine Mile is a Vegetarian, Cafe, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
  • 6/07/2017

A Vegetarian chowhound from Asheville, NC tried it.

• 5/20/2017

A Vegetarian food lover from US tried it.

• 10/08/2016

Larryr39 tried it, liked it, and rated it . Larryr39 liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 5/30/2015

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 8/01/2014

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

• 11/11/2014

A Vegetarian food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/09/2014

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

• 6/03/2013

A diner from US tried it and liked it.

• 4/23/2013

A Vegetarian food lover from Morganton, NC tried it and liked it.

juneallison photo

juneallison

Asheville, NC

Eating Out Made Easy!

I have more diet restrictions than the average person. That can make eating out more of chore than a luxury when I have to play 20 questions with the waiter.

Nine mile has an impressive amount options for someone that follows a mostly vegan (i eat fish but no other meat and no dairy) wheat-free diet, especially for being a place that primarily serves pasta! I am able to order any dish with spiral cut zucchini in place of regular pasta. Also most of the sauces are not dairy based so that also provides me with numerous options.

The atmosphere is classy but comfortable. The tables always have fresh cut flowers and if you get there at the right time you may be able to snag an outside seat.

All in all, dining there is a wonderful experience and the food is great!

Soon Come

The price is for the dinner portion. You can get the same yummy dish at lunch for $4.95. This has to be one of my favorite dishes. I love mixing sweet and savory and this dish really hits the spot with its generous portions of fruit. Its typically server over cheese stuffed tortellini which I imagine is a spectacular compliment to the apples and grapes.

32321 photo

Atlanta, GA

Just plain BAD

We arrived at this restaurant at 8:15 and we’re told it would be a 30 minute wait for a table. We were seated around 9:00. Even after asking why our food was taking so long, the manager eventually showed up at our table at 11 pm to tell us they had lost our ticket. We walked out of the restaurant without a meal. The first time in my life this has ever happened. The manager said it was normal for food to take an hour to prepare but even the servers melted into the background as it was glaringly apparent how delayed the food was in this circumstance. Unbelievable, no excuse for such poor service.

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Interesting/Carribean Flavor

This location is in what is now called “Historic Montford” – I lived there in several locations in the early 50’s, so I guess I’m “historic”. A little further out Montford from this spot lived my best friend, I lived around the corner on Watauga and we played and “the world was young” (for us).
This restaurant has what I think of as an “artsy” look to it – The Caribbean flavor and feel to it is nice. It’s not glaringly upscale/fancy – casual – kind of retains the “feel” of a neighborhood spot with good service and the food is interesting with daily specials and other selections.

Nine Mile

We all had this – jerk chicken with the rice and spices/veg’s – interesting dish – it was a ‘challenge’.

NC_Chevalier photo

NC_Chevalier

Raleigh, NC

Beer and wine only.

4 of 4 stars (excellent, casual dining).

(see explanation of ratings below)

What to wear: fur, leather, wool, down feathers, cashmere, angora, or silk—-NOT!

Very creative and vegan-friendly. Most dishes served with rice, beans and/or pasta, but a great carb-free alternative is the shredded zucchini. That’s what I had and thought it was great.

We had some annoying insects buzzing about us while we were there (larger than fruit flies, but smaller than house flies).

$16 per person, dessert and gratuity not included.

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until menuism realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, menuism’s rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish menuism would do the same):

1) fast food (no table service)

2) casual dining (table service)

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV’s in dining room, typically more expensive than casual dining)

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

The Nine Mile

May 1, 2009

Great food, nice environment

Hidden, well, not really, in the historic Montford neighborhood. Great food, good beer selection, nice environment. Fantastic for lunch or dinner. Away from the hub bub and insanity of Disney Asheville.

Vegetarian Cafe Catering
Sun-Sat 11:30AM - 10:00PM

Nine Mile  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Nine Mile Asheville Nc, Nine Mile Asheville, Nine Mile Restaurant Asheville Nc, 9 Mile Asheville Nc, Montford Five Mile Asheville, 9 Mile Resturaunt Asheville Nc Menu, 9 Mile Asheville, and Nine Mile Asheville Menu.