4738 Constitution Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70808-3206

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Highlands/Perkins
Cuisine: Mexican, Gluten Free, Cafe

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant is a Mexican, Gluten Free, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 7/07/2016

A Mexican chowhound from MS tried it and liked it.

• 4/14/2015

A Mexican food lover from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it.

• 2/26/2015

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

sugar520 photo

sugar520

Baton Rouge, LA

Just OK

Friday night my friend and I dined at Ninfa’s. It had been a few months since we visited the restaurant where we had previously been frequent patrons. Of course the first thing I noticed was the new decor. I have to admit I didn’t like it. For new decor it seemed very dated. It reminded me of a cheap furniture store. But we came for the food not the decor. The food was ok but several things were a disappointment. My friend and I shared chips and salsa, an order of beef quesadillas, Jackie fajitas with the Chihuahua topping and each had a bowl of xochitl soup. Granted this is a lot of food. We always plan on leftovers for the next few days; however the lack of freshness of several items made this a bit difficult. Chips and salsa were their standard quality. Crisp chips and fresh green and red salsa, no complaints there. The quesadilla was ok. After an extended wait, which we understood given it was a Friday night; I was disappointed in the lack of flavor and excess of grease I experienced with the quesadillas. Next came what I had been waiting months for, my all time favorite xochitl soup. The soup was hot and had several nice pieces of chicken hanging out in the bottom of the bowl. Then I noticed that the cilantro, one of the main ingredients that make this soup awesome, was mainly a mix of yellowing stems, brown leaves and down right mushy green rot. We both picked around until we could find a few salvageable leaves to put into our bowls. The fajitas were good if again lacking seasoning. The meat was plentiful and tender and the tortillas were nice and fresh. All in all the meal was just ok. If more attention to detail had been made in the kitchen the meal would have been good

Mexican Gluten Free Cafe

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant is located near the cities of Capital Heights and Fairwoods.
People found this by searching for: Ninfas Baton Rouge Menu, Ninfas Baton Rouge, Ninfas Menu Baton Rouge, Ninfas Baton Rouge, La, Ninfa's In Baton Rouge Reviews, Ninfa's Baton Rouge, Ninfa's Baton Rouge Menu, and Ninfas Menu In Baton Rouge.