607 Colorado Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90401-2507

Ninjin

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Japanese, Breakfast, Catering

Ninjin is a Japanese, Breakfast, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Good Sushi on the Westside!

One of my favs on the Westside when I crave sushi. Came here impromptu today for a quick bite to eat with the boss to discuss my issues with a particular employee, so was on the lo down and didn’t take any pics of the food.

I’ve been coming here for years and have brought several boyfriends, so it was fun to actually look at the menu for the first time in a long while. Wow, they have a low carb section (no rice) on their menu which is filled with tons of photographs in full color!

Since I had alot to get off my chest today, I just got a side of edamame and a small a la carte order of Tuna sashimi. Great big pieces in that beautiful blood red color.

When I come here socially, I usually get:

• Dragon Roll which is broiled fresh eel on top of california rolls covered in avocados and smelt eggs. You have to ask for them to put the sauce on the side, because in my opinion, they drench it, and I actually want to taste the eel and love avocados. This one takes awhile since the eels have to cook.
  • Spider Roll which is fried soft shell crab (has that tempura like covering on it), crab meat and avocados. This one takes a while to cook too and usually comes from the back kitchen.
  • Hot Night Roll which is shrimp tempura, crab and spicy tuna. Again, I ask for the sauce on the side because I really enjoy fish.
  • Variety of hand rolls. I like spicy tuna and salmon skin rolls in both seaweed and soy paper.

What’s great about this sushi place is that they are very in tune with the westside brand of health conscious. They were one of the first I’ve encountered to offer brown rice and soy paper, although with sashimi and most asian foods, I still prefer white rice. Sorry, its just an internal genetic thing I guess….

The interior is decorated with a dark teak like wood, so it ’s nicely dim which is conducive to conversation. They have a few tables outside along the sidewalk too.

Prices are very reasonable and I like that the sushi chefs up front have been there all the years I’ve been going. I used to think it funny that the sushi chefs and owners were Korean, as this is a Japanese joint. :) Very friendly and matter of fact prompt service. I’ve done take out too by calling it in and driving by to just pick it up. Great place to escape to in the middle of the day or to just chill out at the end of a work day. I’ve seen dates happen here too but mostly with a much older group set, haha!

They do have Happy Hours that extend through til their closing time which is like 9:30-10PM I believe. $2 asahi’s – Good deal.

Its tucked on the corner of 6th and Colorado, so parking is metered street parking which has never been hard to find on a weekday evening.

Spider Roll

Spider Roll which is fried soft shell crab (has that tempura like covering on it), crab meat and avocados. This one takes a while to cook too and usually comes from the back kitchen. – this one is my favorite!! so worth the wait!

Japanese Sushi Bars Accepts credit cards

Ninjin  Restaurant Reviews

Ninjin is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Ninjin Santa Monica Happy Hour Menu, Ninjin Sushi Happy Hour, Ninjin Santa Monica Happy Hour, Opiones Sobre Ninjin Japanese Restaurant, Soft Shell Crab Tempura Santa Monica, Ninjin Restaurant, Ninjin Japanese Restaurant Santa Monica, and Korean Restaurant90401.