8279 Santa Monica Blvd

Cuisine: American, Bar, Gastro Pub

ArammaruKim photo

ArammaruKim

La Crescenta, CA

GOOOD food altho it's pricey! their lounge is...

GOOOD food altho it’s pricey! their lounge is so nice! the interior is really nicely done and their food is just soo good! It’s hip and a nice place to get a drink and lounge!
Kind of hard to see when you’re driving by… I don’t know why but I can never see the sign the first time!

$$$ - expensive My friend Fancy took me out to the O-B...

$$$ – expensive

My friend Fancy took me out to the O-Bar when I was in town last year. My first thought was, wow. It was a luscious, ultra hip and modern bar/lounge/restaurant with an accompanying “Forbidden Garden” on the back patio. We were seated in one of the many fabric draped cabana-esque booths great for groups as music and lively chatter engulfed us.

Don’t be fooled by the name — the food is nothing short of what trendy l.a. demands: artistic food that tastes as good as it looks. I ordered the pan roasted salmon over a bed of purple potatoes, watercress, and shallots. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the best salmon I’ve ever had. There was no hint of fish, yet at the same time was intensely flavorful. Each bite had a melt-in-your-mouth quality I never knew seafood could possess. My only complaint was that the potatoes were slightly undercooked. The online menu says $22 for the salmon, which is very fair. The dessert menu has changed since I went, but the Tahitian Vanilla Cheesecake with blackberry-lemoncello sorbet and lemon verbena sauce sounds heavenly.

The bar definitely lived up to its culinary counterpart. We actually started the night with quite possibly the best summer drink ever: mojitos. This was the first time I had tried a mojito and mayhaps am spoiled from the experience. We ordered the mango mojito made with mango rum. I think the best mojitos are those in which you can’t taste the alcohol, but rather enjoy the marriage of fresh mint and squeezed lime that was ever present in our drink. The only suggestion would be to use pureed mango, like D.C.’s Lotus bar (great mojitos, but you can definitely taste the alcohol) rather than flavored rum.

Indulgent, trendy, and up-scale food. Spent a little over $40 total, but well worth a night on the town.

EVERYTHING IS SO GOOD! The mango mojito, the tuna tartare...

EVERYTHING IS SO GOOD! The mango mojito, the tuna tartare, the entrees, the dessert, the service the place! A++!

2/20/2020

A Diner chowhound from Grand Rapids, MI tried Ed's Coffee Shop in West Hollywood.

12/18/2019

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Joey's Cafe in West Hollywood and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

9/19/2019

A diner from US tried The Palm Restaurant in West Hollywood.

6/24/2019

An Asian chowhound from US tried Asia de Cuba in West Hollywood.

4/12/2019

A Salads chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Gravite' in West Hollywood.

2/20/2019

A diner from Houston, TX tried Yukon Mining Co Restaurant in West Hollywood.

2/07/2019

An American food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried IHOP in West Hollywood.

12/30/2018

A Deli chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Pink Dot Store in West Hollywood and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/11/2018

A diner from Morgantown, WV tried Madeo Ristorante in West Hollywood and liked it.

11/02/2018

A Pizza chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Frankie & Johnnie's in West Hollywood.

American Reservations Bar

Burbank, CA

Joe's Pizza

Pizza in Hollywood Hills

O-Bar  Restaurant Reviews

O-Bar is located near the cities of Mound, Beverly Hills Ca, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, and Little Ethiopia.
People found this by searching for: Obar L.A., Trendy West Hollywood Restaurants, O Bar West Hollywood, Courtney Cox Split, O Bar West Hollywood Yelp, Obar Menu West Hollywood, and Hollywood 5 Star Lounge/Restaurant.