1830 4th St
Berkeley, CA 94710

O Chame

Neighborhoods: Northwest Berkeley
Cuisine: Japanese, Tea Room, Lunch

O Chame is a Japanese, Tea Room, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

hungrytraveller photo

hungrytraveller

Sunnyvale, CA

Fusion dining the way it's supposed to be

Had dinner here a few weeks ago and was really impressed with the clean flavors that presented themselves quite well. Twists and turns on the typical Japanese dishes were well-received. The service at the bar was well-timed and we never felt looked down upon because we opted to go for the bar instead of the sit-down tables. The one complaint we did have was that the restaurant seemed abnormally warm to the point where lots of cold sake was drunk to combat the higher temperatures (not that I’m one to object to drinking more, hehe). If you’re ever in the ’hood, by all means, check this place out. You will NOT be disappointed for some different takes on traditional Japanese food.

Seared Tuna Sashimi

Great study in contrasts. Usually done one style or the other, this presentation was different but familiar all at the same time.

Crimini Mushroom and Green Onion Pancake

One of the best dishes of the night. Made to order, this dish has a dipping sauce of ground sesame and one other flavor I couldn’t put my finger on. DELICIOUS!!

Blanched Spinach with Sesame Dressing

Decent dish. We only ordered it b/c we needed some type of veg and b/c the restaurant was so hot, the cold spinach helped cool things down a little.

Udon Noodles in Clear Fish Broth with

Smoked Trout, Spinach and Enoki Mushrooms. Definitely a different take on udon since you don’t really see smoked trout in there. But also definitely delicious too!

Grilled sturgeon with green beans

Another candidate for dish of the night. Sturgeon was grilled but still moist and succulent.

Channing photo

Channing

San Francisco, CA

Cozy little restaurant. I had a bowl of udon,...

Cozy little restaurant. I had a bowl of udon, which was good. This type of fusion food isn’t my thing since I prefer non-fused Japnese food, but I would like to try some of their other dishes.

Japanese Tea Room Lunch
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 03:00PM
Mon-Thu 05:30PM - 09:00PM
Fri-Sat 11:30AM - 03:00PM
Fri-Sat 05:30PM - 09:30PM

O Chame  Restaurant Reviews

O Chame is located near the cities of Columbus, Regina, Albany, Rockridge, and Kensington.
People found this by searching for: O Chame Restaurant, O Chame, O Chame Berkeley, O Chame Yelp, Ochame Japanese Restaurant Berkeley Ca, O Chame Berkeley Restaurant, and O Chame Menu.