1631 Rue Ste-Catherine W
Montreal Metro Area, QC H3H 1L8

O.Noir

Neighborhoods: Ville-Marie
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Mediterranean, International

O.Noir is a Vegetarian, Mediterranean, and International restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

vidamtl photo

vidamtl

Montréal, QC

EATING IN THE DARK...an experience like no other!

We had no idea on what to expect as none of us had ever been in such a place.
Once we arrived, we were explained the rules:
-No lights allowed (they have lockers/locks if you need to put away your cell, cameras).
-You should not stand up without informing the waiter (to prevent any accidents) and you must wait for him to lead you to where you need to go…either the bathroom, the exit, etc.

At the entrance, you need to order what you’d like to eat, the menu has a few dishes to choose from (vegan friendly) and if you cannot decide, you can order the Surprise Menu.

After the orders were placed, our waiter came out and was introduced to us , then we had to make a line and hold at each others shoulders, so he could lead us across the dark dining room to our tables and chairs.

Once seated, we had to feel the plates, cutlery and all.
My filet mignon was already cut in pieces, so all I needed to do was to use my fork and enjoy.

It was really a great experience and the taste of the food was even better. I wish I could have gone on a Saturday, when they have a band of musicians and a singer.

The best part is that some of the profits are given to support the visually impaired!

Portobello Mushroom with olive oil and lime

Filet Mignon with Asparagus

The sauce was great, the filet so tender and i could even cut it with the fork. Those asparagus were perfectly cooked.

Eating in total darkness seemed a litle strange at first ...

Eating in total darkness seemed a litle strange at first but it wears off after a few minutes. We were led into the pitch black dining room by our blind waiter Chris and we had to feel for our chairs, water, bread, and plates.

The food was delicious, I had the Filet Mignon with potatoes. The steak was cooked just right even though I couldn’t see it. The five-spice sauce was delicious and it was funny because I used my hands to find the food and then I put it on my fork.

For dessert I had Viennese chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It seemed like a huge piece of cake and I was having trouble because I thought I had cake or ice cream on my spoon but when it arrived at my mouth it was empty.

I will never forget the experience as the darkness heightens your sense of smell and taste. It costs $30.00 for two courses and $37.00 for three courses.

Visually Impaired Vegetarian Mediterranean

O.Noir  Restaurant Reviews

O.Noir is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: O Noir Montreal Images, O'noir Menu, Onoir Montreal Reviews, O Noir 1631 Sainte Catherine Ouest, O Noir Menu Montreal, O'noir Restaurant Montreal Reviews, O Noir Montreal Review, O Noir Montreal, and O Noir Montreal Menu.