959 Aviation Blvd
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254-4019

Ocean Diner

Cuisine: Breakfast, Brunch, American

Ocean Diner is a Breakfast, Brunch, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 12/18/2015

A dining patron from Manhattan Beach, CA tried it.

mirabell_19 photo

mirabell_19

Have breakfast all day!

Ocean Diner is the best place to go when you’re craving breakfast but slept in a little too much because they serve breakfast all day!

This place has a 50s diner feel with old newspapers on the wall and a collection of vintage toasters.

The staff here is friendly and it seems like a family owned run place. The portions are huge and hearty, so now you have no excuse to go to Denny’s

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Unfortunately, this is not listed on the menu and only occasionaly a special. But these pancakes are heavenly! They are light, fluffy, not too sweet and very unique! You don’t even need to add too much syrup or butter, because these can stand alone

Suzy's Crunch French Toast

French toast covered with granola and fresh fruit with whip cream. Nice twist on french toast and extremely yummy combination.

Dave's Omelette

I like this omelette a lot but that’s because I looove garlic. It’s filled with cheese, roasted garlic, tomatoes, and spinach.

Frank's Favorite

This has been my favorite to get lately. It’s just a scramble with ground turkey, parmesan, and parsely but it’s awesome with some toast and homefries

Homefries

These are basic homefries with some added spice. It can be hit or miss with these. Sometimes they are tasty and crunchy and sometimes they are just too greasy.

hobbes photo

hobbes

Start your weekend off right

I’m not much of a breakfast fan. I usually don’t wake up for it, and eggs sort of make me sick after a while. However, my favorite way to start my weekend is with a saturday afternoon breakfast at Ocean Diner.

The decor is vintage diner, with a collection of old newspaper clippings on the walls and antique appliances on display. The tables and counter are clean and there’s plenty of natural light to chase away any lingering grogginess.

The service is very amicable and prompt. They use large glasses for drinks, so they don’t come by to refill that often, but I never had an empty cup either.

Although I tend to order their omelettes, I always quickly check their daily specials, which have some pretty awesome offerings from time to time. My favorite is the lemon ricotta pancakes, which sadly have not made their way into the specials rotation in quite a while (or maybe I go on the wrong day).

The portions are large enough to fill you up, especially if you opt for cornbread or a muffin with your meal. My only gripe is that there is inconsistency with the quality of the breakfast potatoes. Sometimes they’re overcooked, sometimes totally burnt. It seems to be a crap shoot. Maybe a side of fruit is a better option.

Overall, this is a great place to try if you’re in the south bay area.

Killer

This is my favorite omelette. Not too spicy, but great flavor. The only problem is that there tends to be a pool of grease on the bottom of the plate after you’re done. Not for the health concious. Best with the tortillas.

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

These might be the subconcious reason I keep going back every weekend. I’m always hoping to see them on the specials board, but I rarely do. Perhaps I should ask for them to make them more often.

Breakfast Brunch American

Bvh3fifuir3jkkaby-gaa7
lovelypolarbear

Fullerton, CA

Ocean Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Ocean Diner is located near the cities of Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Lawndale.
People found this by searching for: Ocean Diner, Ocean Diner Redindo Beach, Breakfast Restaurants Close To Me At Hermosa Beach, Www.Oceans Diner.Com, Diner Aviation Blvd, Hermosa Beach, Ocean Diner Hermosa Beach Menu, and Parking At Ocean Diner Hermosa Beach.