739 Conti St

Oceana Grill

Neighborhoods: French Quarter
Cuisine: Cajun, Lunch, Breakfast

Overall
Pros
"Love the food and service! "
Cons
"Nothing"
  • 5/14/2015

A Cajun chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

• 2/24/2015

A Cajun chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 2/10/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Love the food and service!
    Cons
    Nothing
  • 11/03/2014

A Cajun chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 8/22/2014

A Cajun food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/12/2014

• 6/11/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/30/2013

A diner from Pinellas Park, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/13/2013

A Cajun chowhound from Hattiesburg, MS tried it.

haledixon photo

haledixon

New Orleans, LA

Oysters Rockestyrene

I’ve been told on more than one occasion that if I have a bad experience at a restaurant or other place of service, I should let my dissatisfaction be known and give the establishment a chance to try and make it up to me. That’s bullshit advice.

Oceana Grill dropped the ball twice. The first time my wife and I decided to head in and get some dinner. The place is tacky as shit, like the dumb older brother to Red Lobster. It’s got the nets and shit hanging up and old fishing tackle – crap like that, you know, to remind you that you’re fixin to eat a bunch of frozen seafood. It reminded me enough of Red Lobster that I immediately felt compelled to order my favorite Red Lobster dish, the Blackened Chicken Pasta. OG had their version of it, but no cheddar biscuits. My wife ordered some seafood dish or something, I dont really remember, and we split an appetizer of Oyster Rockefeller.

The Oysters had a taste I can only describe as tasting the way plastic smells when it burns or get overheated. Disturbingly, I kind of liked it, but after my wife finished her half of them she declared that she definitely wasn’t having any more. I finished mine and decided I wasn’t either. I looked at the plate of oyster shells in a sort of disgust – I felt like they were probably good oysters for the most part, from good families. It wasn’t their fault that Oceana Grill fucked them all up.

The entrees came, cold. That’s it. They were cold. What the fuck.

Appx 6 months later I decided to give the place another try. We met some friends there for some breakfast. To their credit I ordered what amounted to an insane amount of dirty rice and, shrimp and sausage. It was delicious. The unfortunate part was that they sat us next to a door that lead to the alley that filled our little slice of heaven with the unmistakeable odor of French Quarter garbage. Maybe they were just trying to give us a real New Orleans experience – the French Quarter’s dichotomous division of deliciousness and disgust. Perhaps in that way they are a quintessential New Orleans restaurant, but mostly I think they suck.

Cajun Parking Outdoor seating

Oceana Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Oceana Grill is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: Oceana Crab Cakes French Quarter, Oceana New Orleans Blackened Chicken Recipe, Oceana, New Orleans Grilled Oyster Recipe, Oceana Crab Cake Recipe, Oceana Grill Recipes, Oceana Grill New Orleans Menu, and Oceana Grill Reviews.