400 J St
San Diego, CA 92101

Oceanaire Seafood

Neighborhoods: Marina
Cuisine: Seafood, American, Diner

Oceanaire Seafood is a Seafood, American, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

guess photo

guess

Bonsall, CA

Really a dissapointment...

It was my wife’s Birthday… we were staying at the Marriott by Seapoint Village… called friends that have a condo downtown for weekends… asked for a good referral. They said Oceanaire was their favorite… Price… but great. We don’t care about pricy… we care about excellence. So I made the Reservation. Now this is downtown San Diego in the Gaslamp. We showed up early on a Friday night… with reservations… me in my cowboy hat. The Maître d’… was plesant… then we were directed to a table that he said would “insure our wonderful evening”… it was the worst table in the restaurant… even though it was early… and many tables were empty. It was adjacent to the Bar area… where everyone stands around… trying to score. We did not even set down. I told their employee that this table would not work… it was my wife’s birthday… and we wanted a more intimate experience.

We were directed to a much nicer… and quiet table… and the waiter Sergio came along and introduced himself. He was a very pleasant fellow… but did not speak English well enough for us to understand him… and that caused a couple of issues… like ordering two family size salad entres.

Then our entre arrived… I had ordered a Swordfish… prepared in a with a Mango Sauce… and the Swordfish… had no texture… something Swordfish is know for. I tasted like over tenderized white fish. My wife ordered something else that was good… not great… but at least acceptable. Sergio came back… asked how our meals were and we told him the truth… average and bad.

The General Manager came to the table… and appologized. Said she would comp us on a desert… when is the last time you went to a class restaurant … and there wasn’t some sort of comp for a birthday party anyway.

We got the bill…. $185+… and… we had no wine. We did have one Martini each… and the experience was unforgetable… unforgetably… bad.

Swordfish

Worst food value I’ve ever been served.

July 21, 2016

I am certain that there are so many other great bars out there

I am certain that there are so many other great bars out there, but I can’t seem to shake the awesomeness of this place out of my head, great bar food!
June 27, 2016

I had a blast in here last weekend

I had a blast in here last weekend, my co-workers also said that this is a fun place to take off your mind from the stress of the outside world.
March 30, 2012

Great Service

Giving it 5 stars for everything, cocktails, entree, appetizers, dessert, service and location. Told Manager that the service was decent and he actually got emotional. This pride in service is very hard to find.

Seafood American Diner
Tips
  • Happy hour is Monday through Friday from 5-6pm where guests enjoy several drink and menu item specials, including half price oysters.
  • While there is a mix of casual chic to glitzy dressers, crowds trend towards fancier attire.
  • Celebrity Chef Brian Malarkey (a Top Chef finalist in 2007) still runs the kitchen -- and works the room, even signing the occasional autograph.
  • Reservations are recommended at this popular dining destination.
  • If you don't plan on paying the price for valet, know that Gaslamp District parking is particularly difficult on evenings and weekends
Sun-Sat 12:00AM - 12:00AM

Oceanaire Seafood  Restaurant Reviews

Oceanaire Seafood is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Oceanaire Menu San Diego, Oceanaire Menu Prices, Oceanaire In San Diego Menu, Oceanaire San Diego, Oceanaire San Diego Menu, San Diego Oceanaire Menu, and Oceanaire San Diego Lunch Menu.