10670 Southern Highlands Parkway #102
Las Vegas, NV 89141

Off The Strip

Cuisine: Italian, Lunch, Breakfast

Off The Strip is a Italian, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

TheBeachBum photo

TheBeachBum

San Clemente, CA

Friendly staff, In my opinion, their food is overrated

We tried `Off the Strip’ based upon its high rating for Italian cuisine in the Las Vegas area. Even on a Saturday night, they cheerfully accepted our reservation for 2. I made mention that it was our anniversary. When we arrived there were just two tables available, both unset and right by the kitchen. Not exactly a `romantic’ location w/ all the kitchen crew noise and wait staff traffic (reservations???). The service was prompt though and very personable.

When they brought the bread, I asked for a small side of marinara. I usually do this because I enjoy a dip of marinara with my bread, but more so, on a first visit, it lets me evaluate the key ingredient for most of their offerings. We all have formed our own particular tastes when it comes to Italian, and mine was fine-tuned during my travels to Italy, in particular Southern Italy. For me their marinara was not bad, but a bit too salty w/ a only hint of tomato. Not the fresh tomato flavor I have grown to love, so I went for a penne with vodka sauce and my wife had the shrimp stuffed chicken.

We both ordered their Caesars salad w/ our entrée which are made to order. I know because the salad chef was just across the counter from us. We both found the Caesar salad too ‘hot’. It overpowered all other ingredients. I later asked if they used Cayenne and was told that it was due to the amount of garlic used. I suggested they try cutting back a bit on the garlic to give all of the complex flavors of a Caesar salad the opportunity to shine.

Dinner was good (not great), but we were both pleased w/ out entrees. After dinner we were surprised w/ a complimentary slice of their famous cheesecake. It is not under rated. It was delicious and the highlight of our Off the Strip dining experience.

Will we return?… Not sure…

A Tip… I don’t know what their corkage is, but if I were to return, I would bring my own favorite as their most marginal wines are in the $35 range w/ most anything decent @ $60+.

Italian Dinner Lunch

Off The Strip  Restaurant Reviews

Off The Strip is located near the cities of Downtown, N Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Winchester.
People found this by searching for: 10670 Sounthern Highlands Pkwy, Off The Strip Menu Las Vegas, Off The Strip Restaurant Las Vegas, Off The Strip Menu, Off The Strip Southern Highlands Menu, 10670 Southern Highlands Pkwy. #102, Off The Strip Restaurant, and Off The Strip Southern Highlands.