Old Bay Steamer

Neighborhoods: Santa Rosa Island
Cuisine: Seafood, Lunch, Fast Food

Old Bay Steamer is a Seafood, Lunch, and Fast Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Service was excellent and the food was even better!!!!"
"e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...quality of food"
"Fast, friendly service and REALLY good food"
Cons
"e.g. slow service, under-cooked food, loud, etc...pleasant atmosphere "
Comments
"Easy to find"
smallfry photo

smallfry

Chicago, IL

THE Freshest Seafood

Old Bay Steamers was plastered all over Trip Advisor (online) when I was looking for restaurants to try in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Now, I know firsthand why. This is not the average, run-of-the-mill Red Lobster just down the road. My friend, the town’s local, informed me that chain restaurants like Red Lobster (as good as they are in my opinion), ship in the seafood from elsewhere. Whereas, local places like Old Bay Steamers, which does not even have an online website or menu, cook the seafood that was freshly caught in the area. The seafood was absolutely wonderful.

We shared a combo platter for 2 complete with freshly steamed: lobster tails x 2, numerous crab legs and torso, jumbo shrimp (with their heads on), and corn on the cob. This generous platter came with salad that I also surprisingly enjoyed because of its superb freshness. And it was the one place I didn’t have to feel self conscious about breaking crab legs, eating with my hands, and basically making a mess of myself with bits of crab meat all over my clothes – I loved it!! Great place for family and friends.

Jumbo Platter for 2 (The true name escapes me) at Old Bay Steamer

Jumbo Platter for 2 (The true name escapes me)

See the photo for yourself! Lobster tails, crab legs and torso, jumbo shrimp, corn on the cob – this is the best platter for 2!! Amazingly fresh!

Stuffed mushroom at Old Bay Steamer

Stuffed mushroom

Our appetizer consisted of mushrooms stuffed with crab meat and topped with what I believe was mozarella cheese (not completely sure on that). Great way to start off the meal!

Banana Foster Ice Cream Cake at Old Bay Steamer

Banana Foster Ice Cream Cake

Banana flavored ice cream with swirls of cinnamon and nuts embedded inside, atop a pie-like crust. Decorated with whipped cream. Extremely sweet!

April 24, 2010

The best king crab in town

We love this restaurant. We always go here for king crab or any other kind of crab and/or seafood. Very interesting on the inside, artistic but still family oriented. Great food, the locals love it here.
March 10, 2009

Great Fresh Seafood!

This place was within walking distance of our hotel, and after seeing their menu online I wanted to go. Got the Lobster steamer for 2, and there was lots of food! It was all fresh and delicious! I didn't think I liked lobster til I tried…

Seafood Lunch Good for groups

Old Bay Steamer  Restaurant Reviews

• 9/28/2015 A diner from US tried it.

• 7/23/2015 A diner from Fort Walton Beach, FL tried it.

• 6/24/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/31/2014 A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/20/2014 A diner from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Service was excellent and the food was even better!!!!
  • 6/18/2014 A diner from TX tried it.

• 5/20/2014 A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/20/2014 A diner from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    e.g. apple pie, fast service, kid-friendly, etc...quality of food
    Cons
    e.g. slow service, under-cooked food, loud, etc...pleasant atmosphere
    Comments
    Easy to find
  • 3/20/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 3/01/2014 A diner from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Old Bay Steamer is located near the cities of Ft Walton Beach, Cinco Bayou, Okaloosa, Mary Esther, and Shalimar.
People found this by searching for: Old Bay Steamer Fort Walton Beach Menu, Old Bay Steamer Okaloosa Island Menu, Steamers Restaurant Fort Walton Banana Foster Cake, Old Bay Steamer Fort Walton Beach Fl, Old Bay Steamer Fort Walton Beach, Old Bay Steamer Okaloosa Island, and Old Bay Steamer Menu Okaloosa Island.