1610 S Kellogg Ave
Ames, IA 50010

Old Chicago

Cuisine: Pizza, Sandwiches, Pub Food

Old Chicago is a Pizza, Sandwiches, and Pub Food restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 10/03/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/23/2014

A Pizza food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pizza

Sandwich-300x200

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Fond Memories

I have great memories of this Old Chicago from college. Maybe it was the fun times my friends and I had, but everything else was pretty decent and I wouldn’t discourage anyone from going there. I liked Old Chicago in Minneapolis Uptown too, but since the economic down turn most of their good specials went away. Pretty much any location you go to is going to be about the same with a mix of bad and good.

I won’t say it was the best place in town to eat, but was a fun hang out to go with a big group of friends. I usually sat on the bar side where there are lots of TVs for the sports fans, a ton of beer for the drinking fans and pool and other games for the rest of us. The staff is mostly college kids working their way through school. This can be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it, but most are high energy fun college students though who work hard for their buck.

The bar side is all self seat. Just walk in and find a clear table or sit at the bar. I usually go for the beer selection and special where you get neat stuff if you drink a lot, but the calzones are actually pretty good. The make your own is what I like. I add spinach, sausage and mushrooms, delicious. Always warm and fresh and pretty reasonably priced (about 9 buck or so) for the amount of food you get. I’m not especially fond of their pizzas, but that may have to do with my Punch obsession. However, if you’re looking for a good place to watch sports and hang out with friends Old Chicago in Ames is a good bet. Also, if you’re looking for a family sit down pizza joint this isn’t a bad option either. I think the other sit down pizza place option in Ames are Happy Joe’s, Pizza Pit and Great Plains, everything else is takeout or delivery.

I have to laugh at myself after that last comment…considering the size of Ames, 4 sit down pizza restaurants is sort of a lot. So what I meant to say was Old Chicago is a pretty safe option for decent pizza and reasonably priced drinks. Old Chicago is now smoke free as well.

Pizza Sandwiches Pub Food

Old Chicago  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Old Chicago Coupons For Ames Iowa Restaurant, Ames Hamburger Delivery, Old Chicago In Ames Menu, Old Chicago, Ames, Menu From Old Chicago Ames Iowa, Old Chicago Ames, Chicago Resturant Ames, and Old Chicago Ames Menu.