Old Mexico Restaurant

Cuisine: Mexican

Old Mexico Restaurant is a Mexican restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and paid between $10 and $25.

Overall
Pros
"The Chili Rellenos, for me...."
menuguru27 photo

menuguru27

Santa Rosa, CA

Old Mexico never gets old

Every time I go to Old Mexico with one or more people, we all end up fighting over the salsa. My fiance can finish a whole cup of it on his own before the waiter can even bring us another basket of chips. I think their bean dip is excellent. My fiance introduced me to this place when I moved here and we have been spending our date nights here ever since. He always orders the same thing— Carne Asada (steak) burrito because he loves it so much—- especially the red gravy poured on top. I, on the other hand like to try new things and everything I have tried has been wonderful. I have had the fish tacos with the yummy Mexican dressing and pico di gallo (fresh chopped salsa). The carnitas (marinated fried pork) burrito and the carnitas chimichanga served with delicious homemade chunky guacamole. I’ve had the chile reanos ( Stuffed chile) also served with it’s own delicious gravy which I think taste even better than the carne asada gravy. I have had the beef tamales with the red gravy (Yum!) and on our date night last week I tried the pork tamale with the green chile verde gravy. That was the best tamale I have had and I couldn’t stop mopping up that verde gravy with my rice. If you want to try a few different things, they have a section of the menu where you can choose 2 or 3 items any burrito, taco, or tamale and of course it comes with beans and rice. 2 item options are $9.95 so that’s an excellent deal if you can’t choose between a tamale or a taco or a chile reano. We always have leftovers as the plates are huge and we are always so stuffed that we never make it to dessert. This is probably my favorite Mexican restaurant in Santa Rosa and is only second to one place all the way in Modesto. Truly “comfort” food all the way. Great atmosphere and the owners are wonderful. They really treat you like you are part of the family. We always leave Old Mexico full and happy.

October 15, 2008

Disappointed

The place is very cute and the atmosphere is great, but the food was lacking. It was very bland! The waitress was nice and service was good. Pros: Great Margarita's and staffCons: Food was horrible
March 5, 2008

Really Big Margaritas

I was pleasantly impressed with the food at this restaurant when I went. There are several choices on the menu, and the option to dine outside if the weather permits is a great plus. They also have really really big margaritas, in the…

Mexican Takeout

Old Mexico Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/22/2016 A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried it.

• 3/25/2016 A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried it.

• 3/10/2016 A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The Chili Rellenos, for me....
  • 11/18/2015 A diner from Oakland, CA tried it.

• 10/11/2014 A diner from Mountain View, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/12/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/29/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 9/27/2013 A diner from Hayward, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/28/2013 A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/18/2013 A diner from Rochester, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Old Mexico Restaurant is located near the cities of Larkfield.
People found this by searching for: Old Mexico Restaurant Santa Rosa Ca, Old Mexico Menu Santa Rosa, Old Mexico Restaurant, Old Mexico Santa Rosa Menu, Old Mexico Santa Rosa, Old Mexico Restaurant Santa Rosa, and Old Mexico Santa Rosa Ca.