1300 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97214-1424

Old Wives' Tales

Neighborhoods: Buckman
Cuisine: Vegetarian, American, Soups

Old Wives' Tales is a Vegetarian, American, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

makkim photo

makkim

Tigard, OR

Baby Boomer Crowd

I agree to some extent with the previous review. The three times I’ve been here the crowd was mostly in the 50+ bracket. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but for a place that serves up a mostly vegetarian menu, it has me scratching my head. Putting that aside, the staff is great and service is prompt. I like that you can pay tab at register instead of waiting for a server to come around. The venue is pretty clean and in a good location. Gluten free options are a big +

Burrito

Had them veganize it with some guacamole and brown rice. Serving size was pretty big considering my small appetite. Other item I tried was the Japanese ovencake and I recall it was not very good at all.

Spazz photo

Spazz

Hillsboro, OR

Baby Boomers in the Back, Gen X'ers in the Front

This was my second time actually eating here. The menu is very vegan and vegetarian friendly and tends to list a number of gluten-free items as well.

After hosting a Meetup viewing of Wall-E, four of us headed out to Old Wives’ Tale for dinner. Their front room is noisy, mostly with kids running around, while the back room seems to get preference for the aging hippies. I think the owner is one.

Tofu Scramble

I had the tofu scramble this particular morning. Yum. I didn’t mean to stuff myself, especially as I had another Meetup to attend (my own) at Sweet Lemon. Yikes! Well, I enjoyed the tofu scramble and vanilla soymilk I had and since I don’t get to go as often as I could make it out to Sweet Lemon, it’s okay.

Alicks went with one of their weekly specials, which was a pesto/spinach sauce over fusili pasta. The first bite was a little iffy, but as I got into the meal, I realized how great the meal was and thankful that the flavor was so unique that it may have actually stunned my taste buds upon first contact!

Vegetarian American Northeast
Sun-Thu 08:00AM - 09:00PM
City Thai

Thai in Hillsdale

Old Wives' Tales  Restaurant Reviews

Old Wives' Tales is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Old Wives Tale Menu, First Owners Of Old Wives Tales Portland, Yelp Old Wives Tales, Old Wives Tale Portland, Old Wives Tales About Crowd, Old Wives Tales Portland Photos, and "Old Wives Tale Restaurant" Portland.