2162 Wealthy St Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49506

Olive's

Cuisine: American, Contemporary, Vegetarian

Olive's is a American, Contemporary, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 11/07/2014

An American food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 8/17/2013

Erinej tried it, liked it, and rated it . Erinej liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Favorite Go To!

Olives is hands down at the top of my list of where to eat. For starters the atmosphere and staff are so welcoming and friendly but that’s just the appetizer ;) The food is AMAZING! I’ve never had a mediocre meal at Olives. Everything I’ve eaten has been absolutely amazing! I have eaten here for years but I recently became a vegetarian and let me say, sometimes it’s tricky finding a great vegetarian meal when you’re at a restaurant. I’ve tried just about every brand of veggie burger prepared and topped in every different way. The veggie burger I had at Olives was the absolute best I have had in my life anywhere hands down! It is vegetarian heaven on a bun! Even if you’re a meat eater I would give this a go.
The desserts never dissapoint! Always new options to choose from and every one is perfectly sweet and delicious! I’ve had too many to count but worth every calorie! There is something for everyone on this menu!

Veggie Burger

Everything that comes on this veggie burger is there for a reason. It comes together to make the most delicious veggie burger I have ever had! With most veggie burgers flavor is definitely lacking but every bit of this is packed with so much yummy!!! When I first had it I was shocked by how big it was and thought, no way I can finish this…but then I did. SO GOOD!

meeusenl photo

meeusenl

Grand Rapids, MI

Friends don't let friends eat at chain restaurants

The best dining experience I’ve had in a long time! Located in the heart of East Grand Rapids, Olives offers something for food lovers of all ages, providing a childrens menu, extensive wine list, unique dishes, and a warm atmosphere. The menu changes frequently which keeps things exciting and the wait staff is not only knowledgeable but extremely welcoming. The dishes, location, and decor are absolutely beautiful. If you’re looking for a nice place to take a date, family dinner, or just a casual drink Olives is the place to go!

Porchetta

A delicious pork roast served with caramelized onion and fennel a top a sour cream mash accompanied with apricot chutney and sauteed rapini. The pork was cooked to perfection and the presentation of the dish was exquisite. It was so pretty I felt guilty eating it (but not to guilty to eat every last bite). The unique mixture of tastes compliment each other exceptionally. I have found nothing like this dish at any other restaurant in the greater Grand Rapids area!

(Not to mention the wine menu is remarkable!!)

Mushroom crostini

If there’s one thing you have to try at Olives, it is the Mushroom Crostini. Well worth every calorie and cent. You’re being neglectful to your taste buds until you’ve experienced this dish.

bstbud photo

bstbud

LOVE IT

Olive’s is one of those little restaurants that you have to experience.

The food is unique in that it is not “chain style” food. Chef EJ, puts her own touch on each of the menu items. Olives also changes their menu with the seasons so they can use the locally grown items to the fullest. We love the lettuce wrap appetizers. They have a very well stocked bar and the staff is amazing.

It is a definite must when looking for someplace different to try.

Southern Meatloaf

Absolutely loved the mix of meats used in the meatloaf. Also having it served with the grits was a difference and also the glazed asparagus. Everytime I go, I am torn between ordering the meatloaf again or trying one of the other menu items on the changing menu. Alot of times, I go right back to the meatloaf! YUM.

finestingr photo

finestingr

seafood is poor

I got a stomach flu from the seafood I ate here

samon

I was not happy with this meal . I am very sick

parkerb1 photo

parkerb1

Awesome

Awesome food with a great staff who are always personable.

To die for

UnofficialFoodie photo

UnofficialFoodie

Delish

We’d been here before, a couple years ago. Our experience was nothing that would have brought us back again. My sister was the only reason- she’s an out of towner, and it was her favorite before she moved, and she was begging for the mushroom appetizer.

We ended up being very happy with our choice. We had great service, and unique and delishious food. Seems very comfort food. My favorite of all the dinners was the skirt steak with bacon tomato sauce and the blue cheese & onion potatoes. We also ordered zuchini cake (which I would NEVER have ordered) but it was HUGE! and tasted like carrot cake. SO GOOD. The only reason I can’t give five stars is I still have a little bit of a bad taste from the first time. So we’ll have to see how the next visit is.

Skirt Steak

Yummo!

KatyE photo

KatyE

Grand Rapids, MI

Probably the worst restaurant experience ever

What a disappointment. On my birthday, of all days, my husband and I decided to try a new (to us) restaurant. He had heard about Olives from someone, so we looked up the website. The menu looked fantastic, so we called to get a table. We were there within 5 minutes of our expected time, but the waitress, who even remembered talking to my husband, had already given our table away. A few minutes later, she waved us over. Yes, she waved. She didn’t come over and ask us to follow her. This is not a huge restaurant. It wouldn’t have been asking too much. Anyway, we settled, with our three kids, into a very cramped table.
The menu still looked great, and we should know, since we had more than enough time to look at it. After at least 15 minutes, the waitress finally came to take our drink order. We bothered her to take our food order, as well. She asked my husband and both older kids if they wanted fries or chips, but she didn’t mention that their meals came with chips, and that fries were a $2.00 upcharge. Nice surprise when we got our bill later. Frankly, asking my husband is one thing. He’s an adult and can make those choices. But to ask my kids, to give them a choice, without our permission, is bad form. Since we ordered an appetizer (goat cheese—not terribly kid-friendly), she asked if we would like her to bring the kids’ food out as soon as it was ready. Great idea. Unfortunately, 15 minutes later we had a bowl of fries unceremoniously plopped onto our table. “On the house” she says. Okay, but why? And to tell you the truth, we’d rather have the food we’d ordered, and guess what? There are fries with 3 out of the four meals coming. However, we were happy to have the fries to keep our kids’ mouths busy. If you think it’s rough waiting for a long time to get your food, try doing it with three kids under 7. Well, we finished the fries, and spent another 10 minutes after that waiting. Our appetizer came out, and we enjoyed it, but it wasn’t spectacular. We’ve had the same thing at Vitale’s on Leonard and it was better. Anyway, after we were finished, the kids’ meals came out. We then sat and watched them eat. Do you know how slowly little kids eat? And still, we watched them finish their meals, and still waited a few minutes for our meals to come out. Then they sat and watched us eat.
I wish I could say that it was worth the wait. My husband ordered the Whimpy Burger, which was described as three mini burgers with bacon and bleu cheese. He didn’t realize that they meant bacon on one of them, and bleu cheese on another, but that’s what he got. I ordered a chicken dish (can’t remember what it’s called, and it’s been taken off the menu…..kudos to them for that, at least), which was stuffed with a goat cheese mixture and served with a red pepper cream sauce. I honestly can’t remember what it was served with, which kind of speaks for itself. The chicken was dry, and the sauce was bland and somewhat pastey. It was definately too thick to help with the dryness of the meat. It was a disappointing end to a long night.
But the worst was yet to come. We had a certificate from restaurant.com, which we had given to the waitress, and which she failed too deduct. We realized this at the same time that we saw the upcharge for the fries. Here’s a question: If you are trying to make up for some delay in the kitchen, wouldn’t it make more sense to comp our appetizer than to give us a bowl of the same thing that three of us already ordered with our meal? Or offer a free dessert? Something? There wasn’t even an apology for the long wait.
What’s worse is that I gave the management two chances to make it right. We didn’t say anything that night, because we had three little ones to get home, eat some cake, and get to bed. But a couple of days later, I emailed the manager and detailed our experience to him. I fully expected to hear back with at least an apology. Well, that was nearly two months ago, and nothing. We also received a survey from restaurant.com, and I rated it honestly and left a note that I had already left word with the manager about our experience, and still, nothing. It’s truly hard for me to believe that a restaurant that couldn’t care less about their customers’ experience, doesn’t have great food, and has lousy service is still in business. I’m telling you, avoid this restaurant at all costs. You can do so much better elsewhere. Why, you ask, did I give them two stars instead of one? We didn’t get food poisoning. You have to give credit where credit is due, after all.

Mushroom crostini

Goat cheese and mushrooms on crostini. Not terrible, but better at good old Vitale’s on Leonard. And frankly, I’ve made better at home.

American Contemporary Vegetarian

Olive's  Restaurant Reviews

Olive's is located near the cities of East Grand Ra and East Grand Rapids.
People found this by searching for: Olive's Grand Rapids, Olives East Grand Rapids, Olives Restaurant Grand Rapids, Olives Restaurant Grand Rapids Mushroom Crostini Recipe, Olive's Restaurant Grand Rapids, Olives Grand Rpaids, Grand Olives Restaurant, Olive's East Grand Rapids, and Olives Grand Rapids.