8220 Haven Ave. #102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Omokase

Cuisine: Japanese, Lunch, Catering

Omokase is a Japanese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 12/02/2018

A Japanese food lover from CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/07/2018

A Japanese food lover from Rancho Cucamonga, CA tried it and liked it.

• 9/08/2017

A Japanese chowhound from Pomona, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/27/2017

A diner from Montebello, CA tried it.

• 3/27/2014

A Japanese food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

girlmostlikely photo

girlmostlikely

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

a tale of two tunas

This place is average. I can see why some might call it “good” because the place is nice inside and they have a full bar and flat screen TVs which apparently make a good happy hour haven. Also, their baked and tempura rolls are good…but it’s hard not to taste at least “good” (not amazing) when you’re deep fried and/or slathered in mayonnaise based sauces.

My issue with this place is the quality of the fish… I ordered a Passion Roll which was from the ‘Fresh Rolls’ menu because I wanted to really taste the fish. This roll was supposed to have spicy tuna which was only really spicy because they put a dot of “rooster sauce” on each piece and then drew lines on the plate with more. The tuna was ground up and a bit mealy in my opinion, but edible, like I said, it was just “ok”.

My friend ordered the “Dragon Crunch Roll” which was off the Tempura Rolls menu, it was good, but like I said, it’s hard to fail something in a tempura batter, covered in sauce. We were a party of eight so I was able to try quite a few other rolls. So here’s where the second “tale of tuna” comes in, I tried a roll that had a fresh piece of tuna on it, but was again disappointed. My piece was chewy and hard to eat. When eating raw tuna I like it to be easy to bite, buttery in texture and fresh; a filet cut because this is, after all, sushi! This was none of the above.

Also, the seaweed used to wrap these monstrous rolls was so hard to bite through! If I could have put an entire piece in my mouth I would have but the pieces are quite large and it’s a messy and hard to chew… but try as we did, it was hard to even cut these suckers with a fork!! A friend of mine that likes this place said she always orders their “soy paper” for this reason; it cost a little more but would be worth it!!

All in all, it was average to me. I went here one night after two other sushi “hot spots” in Rancho were completely packed and had an hour wait. We went here and were seated right away if that tells you anything.

Passion Roll

Just Ok. Like I stated in my review, there are better places in town for “fresh rolls”. This place seems to specialize in their baked and tempura rolls because the quality of the fish is pretty average so it benefits from deep frying, tempura batters and rich sauces.

shannoni photo

shannoni

Palmdale, CA
iPhone dining journal

Amazing atmosphere, awesome service and amazing...

Amazing atmosphere, awesome service and amazing food. I live far away from here and I plan to come down here once a month just to eat.

Sweet and Sour chicken

Very light and delicious

Japanese Dinner Lunch

Omokase  Restaurant Reviews

Omokase is located near the cities of Alta Loma, Cucamonga, and Guasti.
People found this by searching for: Omokase Menu, Omakase Sushi Rancho Cucamonga Menu, Omakase Sushi Rancho Cucamonga, Omakase Near Me, Omokase Rancho Cucamonga, Omokase Rancho Cucamonga Menu, Omakase Rancho Cucamonga, and Omakase Menu Rancho Cucamonga.