On On Chinese Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Cuisine: Chinese, Cafe, American

On On Chinese Restaurant is a Chinese, Cafe, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Cake Noodles are about the best since McCully Chop Suey closed "
"All the food"
"Convenient"
"Fast, good food and reasonable price. "
pegg photo

pegg

Honolulu, HI

Do not park at 909 Kapahulu, you will get towed!

OK, so not really a review of On On Chinese Restaurant, however because they are a business located at 909 Kapahulu Ave, I am giving them a negative review.

Allow me to explain…

I went Leonards bakery yesterday morning to buy some malasadas. Since the parking lot at Leonards was overflowing with cars, the most logical choice was to park next door at 909 Kapahulu Ave. where there were lots of open spaces. I then walked over to Leonards and was only in line for less than 3 minutes when someone outside shouted that a silver pickup truck was being towed. I ran outside and stopped the tow truck that was in the process of toweing my car. I confronted the tow truck driver who told me that I was trespassing and that my car would be towed to the impound facility at 2463 South King Street. He then drove out of the parking lot with my truck, then stopped approximately 100 yards down Charles Street to attach a dolly to the front wheels, before continuing off with my truck. According to HRS Chapter 290, Section 11, part (1), “If the vehicle is in the process of being hooked up or is hooked up to the tow truck and the owner appears on the scene, the towing company shall unhook the vehicle and shall not charge any fee to the owner of the vehicle.” Booda Towing broke the law!

Of course, the “spotter” who was parked in the lot offered to call me a cab, what a nice guy (not)! To add insult to injury, a nice family from Texas had also parked their rental car in the same lot in order to visit Leonards, and also had their vehicle towed. What ever happened to the Aloha spirit? Is this how we want tourists to remember their visit to Hawaii? I tried to make the situation better by offering them a ride with me down to get their car out of impound. (My dad came down and gave me ride, thanks dad).

There are only two businesses located at 909 Kapahulu, Karaoke Hut and On On Chinese Restaurant, neither of which were even open for business at the time my truck was towed. There was no reason to tow my, or anybody else’s vehicle. The business at the address, as well as the landlord, need to reconsider who they do business with for towing, as I will not use either one of them.

Towing

See above review of restaurant.

March 19, 2010

good food and nice people

the husband and wife who own this place are always here when we come to eat... they're always very pleasant and don't look at us funny when my hubby asks for a fork. we get the fried pork chops with spicy salt and the house special cake…
July 27, 2008

pretty good

We throught the food at this Chinese Restaurant was pretty good. My only issue was the length of service to get our food. They didn't appear to be that busy, but it took a really long time to be served.

Chinese Kapahulu Parking

On On Chinese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 5/05/2016 A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it.

• 4/26/2016 A diner from Hurst, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 12/10/2015 A diner from US tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/01/2015 A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/29/2015 A diner from US tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cake Noodles are about the best since McCully Chop Suey closed
  • 10/10/2015 A diner from Belvedere Tiburon, CA tried it.

• 10/02/2015 A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/08/2015 A diner from Honolulu, HI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/27/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/03/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

On On Chinese Restaurant is located near the cities of Honolulu County, Waikiki, and Fort Shafter.
People found this by searching for: On On Chinese Menu, On On Chinese Restaurant, On On Chinese Restaurant Kapahulu, Onon Restaurant Kapahulu, On On Restaurant Kapahulu, On On Chinese Restaurant Kapahulu Menu, On On Kapahulu, and On On Chinese Kapahulu.