7217 Greenback Ln
Citrus Heights, CA 95621-5528

Oriental Buffet

Cuisine: Asian, Fusion, Japanese

Oriental Buffet is a Asian, Fusion, and Japanese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 11/19/2015

An Asian chowhound from Nevada City, CA tried it.

StormB photo

StormB

Fair Oaks, CA

Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Had

BEWARE!!! They are now calling themselves “Tokyo Buffet” to try and fool you, but they still have the same awful service!!! If only I could give this place 0 stars I would; or maybe negative stars would be more deserving.

The food is pretty good. I really liked their “Hot & Pepper Chicken,” and they probably have some of the best crab/cheese rangoons I’ve tasted in the Sacramento area. HOWEVER, I CANNOT EVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE!

What is really atrocious is the service! The people who run this place wouldn’t know good customer service if they were hit over the head with it!

The waitresses sit in the back corner and gawk at everybody who come into the restaurant. They point and stare at you and then chatter among themselves in Chinese, all the while neglecting the used plates and empty glasses on your table. When they do finally feel like getting up to bus the tables, the only words out of their mouths are, “YOU WANT MORE?”

Someone behind me had asked for Coke with some raspberry in it, and instead of saying, “No, we don’t offer that,” the waitress started laughing at the guy and then walked away, telling the other waitresses, “HE WANT RASPBERRY IN COKE! HA HA HA HA!” and they all started laughing at him. I felt bad for the guy.

In my case, my boyfriend and I had gone in for lunch, and unbeknownst to us, we were apparently there long enough to cross the threshold of lunch into dinner. I had no idea being that don’t have any signs up that state when one ends and the other begins. They decided to put out dinner menu items before they put out any labels or notified anyone about the switch. I do know we came in at 3:20 PM, and my boyfriend stormed out at 3:35 PM. He put some coconut shrimp on his plate and not a few minutes later, the waitress comes over and, loud enough for everyone to hear, asks, “YOU GOING PAY DINNER PRICE, RIGHT? SHRIMP NOT FOR LUNCH, FOR DINNER!” My boyfriend told her that there was no sign, and I can back him up on that, I didn’t see a sign either. She didn’t even offer to mitigate the situation by offering a discount, or say that the first plate would be on the house or something.

She just kept insisting, “SHRIMP FOR DINNER ONLY! YOU PAY FOR DINNER PRICE?” as loud as she possibly could. My boyfriend, aggravated at this point, said, “Well, I can put the crap back,” but she just kept yelling, “THAT NOT LUNCH, THAT DINNER, YOU PAY FOR DINNER PRICE, RIGHT?!” Not only was it awful customer service to be baiting and switching without properly notifying the customer, the woman was so rude about the way she was handling it!

My boyfriend was so angry he got up and walked out, and I quickly followed, letting the manager and the waitress at the same time know that not only did the waitress exhibit THE worst customer service I had ever dealt with, but that she was THE rudest one I had ever met and I would never eat there again. And as I was driving away, she came out of the restaurant, waving to me, yelling, “YOU LEAVE NO TIP! YOU LEAVE NO TIP!”

As if anyone in their right mind would leave a tip for that kind of service. I could be starving in a post-apocalyptic world, with nothing to eat but irradiated opossum meat, and I still would never eat at this place again, even if it was the last restaurant on earth!

DO NOT waste your money at this place, and DO NOT put up with the awful customer service demonstrated by these people! This place is a joke, and it won’t be funny when they ruin your dinner with their attitude and behavior!

Asian Fusion Japanese

Oriental Buffet  Restaurant Reviews

Oriental Buffet is located near the cities of Dryden and Antelope.
People found this by searching for: Tokyo Buffet Menu Greenback, Tokyo Oriental Buffet Citrus Heights Ca, Oriental Buffet Menu Citrus Heights, Oriental Buffet Citrus Heights, Bagels In Citrus Heights Ca, Oriental Buffet Citrus Heights Ca, Suggest Some Oriental Buffet Menu, and Tokyo Oriental Buffet Citrus Heights.