Oriental Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Catering

Oriental Restaurant is a Chinese, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"I'm giving this restaurant 1 star out of respect for what it use to be, it was once my family's "go to" place in St. Joseph for Chinese food. As a retired army officer and parent of a recent "empty nest," my wife and I are now able to do a lot of day trav"
  • 9/12/2017

Leegrooms tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . Leegrooms didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/12/2017

A dining patron from Kansas City, KS tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/19/2017

• 5/10/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/28/2014

A Chinese chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/13/2014

A Chinese chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/05/2013

A Chinese chowhound from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/19/2013

A dining patron from PA tried it.

• 4/15/2013

A diner from Bloomington, IL tried it and liked it.

leegrooms photo

leegrooms

Plattsburg, MO

Terrible service, mediocre food!

I’m giving this restaurant 1 star out of respect for what it use to be, it was once my family’s “go to” place in St. Joseph for Chinese food. As a retired army officer and parent of a recent “empty nest,” my wife and I are now able to do a lot of day travel getaways together. We stopped by Oriental Restaurant on the way home from Omaha last Friday to get our favorite take out so we would not have to cook later on. Two orders of Springfield Cashew Chicken, fantail shrimp and crab rangoon. Ten minute wait, started home and finally reached over to get a crab rangoon and instead it was a beef won ton. We drove over 5 miles back, the lady was on the phone but we told the cook and he went back to fix our order. When the lady was off the phone, she told me in a very angry manner that I ordered the won ton. My wife and I don’t eat beef won ton, and I explained to her we had never ordered or ate that dish in our lives, why would we start now. I even pointed to the product on the menu when ordering as my military service had taught me to overcome any language barriers. Instead of admitting she “might” have made a mistake (no receipt either) she told me (in her own words) that she was 100% sure she was right. I brought back the wrong part of the order and she was going to charge us extra for our correct order. When I refused she berated me some more basically telling me that I was lying. I was upset and told her how disappointed I was with the service and planned to go to Yelp. As I walked out she said “I don’t care, I’m sick of this and want out of this business.” To add insult to energy, my wife and I both felt sick after eating the food. Eat at your own risk, I’m sure there is a reason the help won’t stay on. A sad state for a once good place to eat!

88. Chicken with Cashew Nuts

Made my wife and I both sick

February 6, 2010

Great All Around

Excellent food and atmosphere. Perfect for dinner or lunch dates. Also great for client and co-worker meetings. Very reasonably priced. Under $10.
March 1, 2009

This is a good place to eat they are clean they have good food and friendly workers as well they get you your food in a good and reasonable time and they don't disappoint this place was pretty good overall
August 2, 2005

Family owned

This family owned restaurant is very, very good! The food is wonderful. The noodles are made by hand and are very fresh. You really can taste the difference! The price is a little higher than other Saint Joseph restaurants, but I don't…

Chinese Dinner Lunch

Oriental Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Oriental Restaurant is located near the cities of Saint Joseph, Elwood, and St Joseph.
People found this by searching for: The Oriental Restaurant St Joseph Mo Menus, Oriental Restaurant St Joseph Mo Menu, Oriental Restaurant Saint Joseph Mo, Oriental Restaurant Menu St Joseph Mo, Oriental Chinese Restaurant St Joseph Mo, Oriental Restaurant St Joseph, Oriental Restaurant St Joseph Mo, The Oriental Restaurant St Joseph Mo, and Oriental Restaurant St Joseph Missouri.