30 N 1st St
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Origami

Neighborhoods: Warehouse District
Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Seafood

Origami is a Sushi, Asian, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Good Food, Lacking Service

I really do enjoy the sushi and other dishes at Origami and the place has ‘the look’. However, the times I’ve visited the service has always been poor. The servers and hosts seem inattentive, almost like they didn’t want our business.

The good news is they have a large selection of sushi, some things you won’t find in most sushi joints around Minneapolis, and they are fairly reasonable price wise. The nigiri ranges from about $4-$7 for 2 pieces, which is quite typical. The maki (small rolls, usually only featuring one of two items) are about $5 for 6 pieces and the specialty rolls are up there at about $16 for 8 pieces.

I would recommend the futo maki, toro (this is always market price so ask before you buy) and tobiko seasoned nigiri (wasabi or spicy roe served on rice wrapped in nori) for those who like it a little spicy.

If you can stand the not so great service Origami does have some really great things to offer. There is also a location in Ridgedale Mall…maybe the service is better there.

shelbzz photo

shelbzz

Great experience

I’ve eatten here 2×. Once with the children I nanny for and once with my boyfriend. The waitress during lunch was really nice since the children ending up getting rice all over the floor. During my date we sat up stairs and enjoyed great happy hr specials. Often go to the ridgedale location which has a smaller menu selection.

guynow photo

guynow

great food - confusing service

On our most recent dining experience, once again we had a great meal of tempura and sashimii. The oyster appetizer and condiments were world class. We arrived at the resturanat shortly after 9 PM and were warmly wlcomed. We (2 of us) shared one bottle of wine, At 10:15- the upstairs (where we had been seated) started clearing out. Soon, they bar started closing up, the staff carted garbage cans down the aisle by our table and then the waiters started clearing the empty tables and spraying windex (generic verbiage) to clean them while we sat in the middle of this. We took the hint, and went downstairs with the remaining ounces in our glasses and pointed out to the manager our dismay. He did not understand at all. With gentle coaching- he stilll didnt get it. When I came home, I was surprised andi disapointed to find their web site has a phone number only available during business hours and no feedback mechaniizsm on their site…soi here I am. Get a clue, we spent 140 bucks and gave a 20% tip and we were sitted in a place picked by you and if want to spend two hours there, I dont want to be bombarded by garbage and windex. Help your manager to learn that this is a basic request,,I was trying really nice….but he does not get it….some one else may, Oh, I live in a the neighborhood…make this correction..I want you to succeed.

sushi0

food was great, service, not so much

Little Nikki's

American in North Loop

Bleu Blanc Bal

French in North Loop

5/15/2022

A Cajun chowhound from Edmonton, AB tried Chez Bananas (CLOSED) in Warehouse District.

4/26/2022

A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried Aquavit (CLOSED) in Downtown West.

4/15/2022

A diner from Ogema, MN tried Sidney's (CLOSED) and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/13/2022

A Chinese chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried China Express Inn in Dinkytown.

3/25/2022

A dining patron from Arvada, CO tried Black Bamboo in Downtown West, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
no longer exists. Closed.
3/24/2022

A diner from Elk River, MN tried Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit in Bottineau.

3/24/2022

A dining patron from Elk River, MN tried Little Jack's Steakhouse in Marshall Terraces.

3/24/2022

A dining patron from US tried Mario's Pizza & Deli in Hale, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Gub
Cons
Gub
3/21/2022

A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried Emily's Lebanese Delicatessen in St. Anthony West.

3/14/2022

A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried Red Lobster.

Sushi Downtown Asian

Asian in Prospect Park

Mei Inn

Chinese in Northrup

Origami  Restaurant Reviews

Origami is located near the cities of Saint Anthny Vlg, St Anthony, and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Origami Warehouse District Minneapolis, Origami Sushi Menu Minneapolis, Origami Restaurant Minneapolis, Origami In Facebook, 30 N. 1st Street, Minneapolis, Origami Mn Menu, and Contest Origami In Facebook.