Original Oakdale Diner

Cuisine: Pizza, Diner, American

Original Oakdale Diner is a Pizza, Diner, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

Overall
Pros
"Bueatful food. Great staff. Nice dive location "
"Good old fashioned diner food. Nice size portions. Clean restaurant and the food's fresh."
"The Diner is great! The breakfasts are very good but I like the dinner and lunch entrees most of all. Great pizza, sandwiches, Chinese and liver & onions on Wednesdays. "
"Great value and great tasting food."
"The hot meatloaf dinner is out of this world. Excellent mashed potatoes and fresh cooked green beans.. Loved it!"
"friendly workers and great pies. "
"Breakfast "
"chinese"
"Very good homemade food and exceptional service. I frequent at least twice a week and get hugs from the waitress every time I leave."
"Horrible"
"Good food for a small town diner. Reasonable prices as well."
"The food was great and plentiful."
"Great food, remarkably diverse and extensive menue, extraordinary service, and consistent patronism"
"Everything!!!! Sandwiches are great....Best sesame chicken anywhere. ....portions are huge....waitresses are friendly! "
"Awesome service, awesome food, great prices!!!!!"
"Everything is homemade. Chinese dishes are really good. "
"It's an old fashion diner"
"I wash the dishes there, i have to like the place, only live a few yard from it, i eat there every day, no complaints about the food by the way."
"Just like home cooking"
Cons
"Limited somewhat awkward seating. "
"size is a little cramped"
"I imagine it can get crowded during normal meal times. We go for early dinners or late breakfasts."
"Gets very crowded. Consider expanding."
"Haven't found one yet!!!"
"Do you really expect me to rag on my job , lol"
Comments
"Check out their homemade donuts."
"Try the chicken"
"Breakfast skillets are awesome!"
"Mr. Tim is a decent person that really cares, mrs. Joy is pretty cool too, the place is like a second home to me"
"No"
  • 9/10/2017

A dining patron from Carnegie, PA tried it.

• 7/26/2017

A Pizza food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/26/2017

A Pizza food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/23/2017

A diner from Mcdonald, PA tried it.

• 7/21/2017

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried it.

• 7/13/2017

A dining patron from Canonsburg, PA tried it and liked it.

• 7/12/2017

A Pizza food lover from Imperial, PA tried it.

• 7/11/2017

A dining patron from Homestead, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/08/2017

A Pizza food lover from US tried it and liked it.

• 7/01/2017

Pizza

Jcat photo

Jcat

Oakdale, PA

Worst dining experience EVER, AVOID THIS PLACE

As a resident of Oakdale I like to support the small businesses in our town. I have been to The Diner for breakfast several times and the food is always average…nothing special. Coffee was no good and service was very slow. I’ve had dinner there a couple of times and the food was good. I decided to give it another try and took my 8 year old son there for dinner and WHAT A HUGE MISTAKE. We walked in and waited to be seated but none of the 4 employees or the owner decided to acknowledge us. After a few minutes, we decided to seat ourselves. A waitress did come and take our order and the meal came quickly and the food was good.
Anyway, throughout our whole meal we had the pleasure of hearing someone in the kitchen (who appeared to be a cook) talking with the other cooks and waitresses while using CURSE WORDS every other word that he spoke. This individual was very vulgar, loud, and unprofessional and had several different earrings around his ears. I was expecting to have a nice meal at a family owned diner, but instead felt like we were in a bar. Again, the staff were all having a conversation and yelling to each other from across the diner and the chef was cursing left and right and especially liked using the curse word "[email protected] My son was certain to take attention to every time he heard a curse word. The best part about this all is that the owner was right there in the middle of it all and never said a word. One of the times that the chef used the “F” word, I gave the owner a look and shrugged my shoulders. She then walked over to the chef and asked him to keep it down because “that guy” (which I assume was me) was looking back there. She DID NOT TELL HIM TO STOP CURSING, but to keep it down. He simply ignored her request and loudly continued his vulgar conversation.
On top of the choice language, we had the pleasure of having the staff run the vacuum cleaner next to us and shake out the carpets while we were eating. It was very unpleasant to eat while smelling the nasty vacuum cleaner bag stench and see dust swirling around our food all while the chef is cursing! We arrived at 7:00 pm and the closing time is at 9:00 pm. It almost felt like the people dining there were more of a nuisance than anything. I could see by the looks of others faces that they were also appalled.
After we finished our meals, we sat around for 15 minutes before I finally had to ask the owner for the check so that we could just get out of there. I thought that she (the owner) would at least apologize for her cook swearing constantly, but instead asked my son if he wanted a cookie. He said thanks, I’ll take the brownie! The owner responded by telling him no and directed him to choose a cookie. WOW! I just told him that’s we would stop at Sil’s afterward where he could pick something out. At least the owners and employees value their customers there.
Normally, I will only post a review when I receive exceptional service and great food in order to let others know, but under this circumstance, I felt the need to let others know that’ THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS NO PLACE TO BRING CHILDREN UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO LEARN HOW TO SWEAR.

The owner of should be ashamed…very ashamed. Honestly though, it doesn’t appear that she even cares. AVOID THIS PLACE AND GO ELSEWHERE.

General tsos

Over priced and chicken was over cooked. Tasted like cardboard

Pizza Horrible Service Poor Management

Original Oakdale Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Original Oakdale Diner is located near the cities of Noblestown, Sturgeon, North Fayette Township, Sturgeon Noblestown, and Federal.
People found this by searching for: Original Oakdale Dinner, Oakdale Diner, The Diner Oakdale, Oakdale Diner Menu, Original Oakdale Diner Menu, The Diner Oakdale Pa, Oakdale Diner Pa Menu, and Original Oakdale Diner.