23 Peck Lane
Warwick, RI 02888

O'Rourkes Bar & Grill

Cuisine: Grill, Pub Food, Burgers

O'Rourkes Bar & Grill is a Grill, Pub Food, and Burgers restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Pros
"Nothing"
Cons
"Prices"
"Have some food to serve your customers"
Comments
"never,never go there again------ it was awful"
  • 9/03/2016

A dining patron from Providence, RI tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/17/2016

A Grill chowhound from New Haven, CT tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Cons
    Prices
  • 7/08/2015

Margep tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . Margep didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Nothing
    Cons
    Have some food to serve your customers
    Comments
    never,never go there again------ it was awful
  • 3/13/2015

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 7/06/2013

A Grill chowhound from Brookline, MA tried it.

Terrible

We had 17 people in our party——- only 13 people got to eat. We were told they ran out of food. Did you ever hear of such a thing?? It was just terrible and also we called ahead to see if they could accommodate us. Never ever go back there again.

A place to avoid

I suggested going to O’Rourke’s on Sunday because I had completely forgotten about something bad that happened the last time I was there: while I was waiting for the bathroom, a waitress had rudely ordered me to get out of the line for the bathroom when I was leaving. It was so she could get by with a tray of food, but it doesn’t justify the rudeness. On top of that, she was trying to move through the area behind the bar, which is impossibly small. Adding to that, I am overweight and had a backpack on. There was nowhere for me to go. The owner (s) have obviously not had a thought about making enough room for overweight people, or people with backpacks, or for their waitresses to be able to do their jobs.

This evening, a series of completely different things happened. My Mom had asked for iced coffee, a widely-used summer drink. The waitress replied that since it had been hot all day, nobody had thought of making any coffee—cold or hot—and it would take a half-hour to get the machine to where it could then only begin brewing it. We would have been finished eating by then, so she just didn’t get it at all.

Anyone would reasonably expect any restaurant to have at least a little hot coffee brewing on a hot day, because there are always a few people who want it even though it is hot outside. It is just plain odd that the management would decide not too make any at all. Even odder is that the machine takes 30 miuntes just to boot up and be able to begin a brew.

The second two things were that something I had asked be left off my order came with it, which had to be sent back. I was there with my Mom and her friend, and her friend’s order did not come with something she had asked be included.
When the waitress brought my order back, she scared me by coming up on my other side, and then shouted in my ear (to someone across the room) but seemed to have no idea that she had just shouted directly in my ear. I jumped.
I just could not believe how low the quality of the service was there.

At that point, I asked for some more ginger ale, but did not recieve it until we had finished eating and were about to leave.

The final, and worst part, was that while I was in the bathroom, a busboy had come by and taken my water, which was half full, and contained an herbal supplement I needed to digest food. He had simply assumed I was done with it—even though it was half-full—without asking. Herbal supplements are expensive, and every time I use this one it costs me 80 cents. I asked to be reimbursed, which, thankfully, I was. There has obviously been no awareness training about people using supplements or about people who are overweight.
The food was good but not exceptional. And for a place with such poor service and the bad form and unsettlingness of shouting across a room, there isn’t the slightest justification for charging $ 7.95 for a salad!
I think the sandwich (grilled chicken)was only a dollar more but could have used
30% more french fries for the price. People are not made of money these days.

For most of what happened, i really blame the owner (s) or manager, either of whom I wish I had had the presence of mind to ask to speak to. There were only 2 waitresses that could be observed working, and i suspect, but cannot prove, that they also had to wait on the large outdoor areas (we were inside) There should have been at least two more to handle the outside crowd.

This is a place I will never return to unless I am suffering a serious medical emergency. Save yourself some headaches and avoid it unless you are starving and nothing else is open.

Scott Darby

chicken sandwich

Food is good, but not exceptional.

Grill Pub Food Burgers

O'Rourkes Bar & Grill  Restaurant Reviews

O'Rourkes Bar & Grill is located near the cities of East Greenwich.
People found this by searching for: O'rourkes Bar & Grill, O'rourke's Bar And Grill Warwick Ri, O'rourkes Family Restaurant Warwick R. I. Menu, Orourkes Bar And Grill Reviews, O'rourke's Menu, O'rourke's Restaurant Warwick Ri, and O Rourkes Bar Grill.