Orso

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Italian, American, Contemporary

Pros
"Calamari "
Cons
"Everything was awesome"
  • 6/01/2015

An Italian chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 5/15/2014

An Italian chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Calamari
    Cons
    Everything was awesome
Sanguine photo

Sanguine

West Allis, WI

Upscale Italian, Alaskan Style

Alaskans do it BIG. Orso is a delightful, elegant restaurant in Anchorage’s small downtown area. Everything is covered here, from cocktails to the main dish. There are only a few stereotypical italian menu items, like OssoBucco, but many of the other entree choices have a twist to them that is slightly nouveau. The service in this place is impeccable. The wait staff are friendly and professional. The food is delicious and somewhat expensive, but it is worth the cost.

ahi tuna

If I recall correctly this was ahi tuna, seared, over a bed of cranberry beans in a light broth. It was a revelation in flavor. I much enjoyed it. I’m not sure if this dish is still being served, but I truly recommend everything this restaurant has to offer.

November 12, 2009

Great food, terrible service

This if by far my favorite place food in anchorage but I get the worst service there. Last time I went there the waitress brought out the wrong order and gave it to me saying, "I know it's wrong" but didn't fix it or apologize. I'm very…
August 29, 2009

Fine Dining!!!

We went on a date there and both ordered steak. It was the best we have had in Anchorage! We were in a hurry so we had to get our food to go, and they were helpful and quick to get us out the door. However expect to spend a pretty penny, a…

6/21/2017

A Greek chowhound from Anchorage, AK tried Antonio's Greek Bakery & Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
We had a large group 14 people, Antonio gave us a special lunch that included two entrées, roasted potatoes, salads, appetizers, and assorted cookies . The food was great and so was the service, and we have fresh baked dinner rolls Antonio makes the best
6/08/2017

A Mexican food lover from US tried Taco Bell and liked it.

6/04/2017

A diner from San Jose, CA tried Crazy Hook.

6/01/2017

A food lover from Ketchikan, AK tried Hogg Brothers Cafe in North Star.

5/31/2017

A Lunch food lover from Anchorage, AK tried The Bridge Restaurant in Downtown, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Location
Cons
Slow service, intrusive, and unfriendly waiters. Over priced.
Comments
Rude owner and waiter.
5/25/2017

A Chinese food lover from Elmendorf Afb, AK tried Hong Kong Buffet.

5/20/2017

A dining patron from Denham Springs, LA tried Mi Tierra Dominican Restaurant and liked it.

5/14/2017

An American food lover from Anchorage, AK tried Wee Bee's and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

5/11/2017

A diner from Anchorage, AK tried Crazy Hook, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/29/2017

A diner from Tempe, AZ tried Harrys Restaurant in Midtown and liked it.

Italian American Contemporary

Orso  Restaurant Reviews

Orso is located near the cities of Elmendorf Afb and Elmendorf Air Force Base.
People found this by searching for: Orsos Anchorage Menu, Orso Anchorage Menu, Orso Food Dish, Orso Restaurant Anchorage, Orso Childrens Menu, Orso Restaurant Anchorage Menu, Open Table Orso, and Orsos Anchorage.