Orso

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Italian, American, Contemporary

Pros
"Calamari "
Cons
"Everything was awesome"
  • 6/01/2015

An Italian food lover from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 5/15/2014

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Calamari
    Cons
    Everything was awesome
Sanguine photo

Sanguine

West Allis, WI

Upscale Italian, Alaskan Style

Alaskans do it BIG. Orso is a delightful, elegant restaurant in Anchorage’s small downtown area. Everything is covered here, from cocktails to the main dish. There are only a few stereotypical italian menu items, like OssoBucco, but many of the other entree choices have a twist to them that is slightly nouveau. The service in this place is impeccable. The wait staff are friendly and professional. The food is delicious and somewhat expensive, but it is worth the cost.

ahi tuna

If I recall correctly this was ahi tuna, seared, over a bed of cranberry beans in a light broth. It was a revelation in flavor. I much enjoyed it. I’m not sure if this dish is still being served, but I truly recommend everything this restaurant has to offer.

November 12, 2009

Great food, terrible service

This if by far my favorite place food in anchorage but I get the worst service there. Last time I went there the waitress brought out the wrong order and gave it to me saying, "I know it's wrong" but didn't fix it or apologize. I'm very…
August 29, 2009

Fine Dining!!!

We went on a date there and both ordered steak. It was the best we have had in Anchorage! We were in a hurry so we had to get our food to go, and they were helpful and quick to get us out the door. However expect to spend a pretty penny, a…

12/05/2017

A Wraps chowhound from Anchorage, AK tried Yogo Delight, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food takes a while to come out so either call in like 30 mins in advance or sit and play board games. The ambience is kid friendly. Usually when I visit some K Pop videos are playing which is nice. I’ve tried mango, green tea, and passion fruit boba tea.
Cons
Really slow to cook food but that means it’s fresh.
Comments
Okay some games while you wait
11/26/2017

A diner from US tried L'Aroma Bakery & Deli @ New Sagaya Midtown Market, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/26/2017

An American chowhound from Homer, AK tried Peggy's Airport Cafe in Mountain View.

11/24/2017

A dining patron from Anchorage, AK tried So Thai, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/16/2017

An American Traditional chowhound from US tried 907 Alehouse & Grill, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/15/2017

An American Traditional food lover from US tried 907 Alehouse & Grill and liked it.

10/29/2017

A dining patron from US tried Harrys Restaurant in Midtown.

10/28/2017

A Bakery & Pastries chowhound from Anchorage, AK tried Golden Corral in Midtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
It has a wide variety of foods for an all-you-can-eat buffet, and the price is low, especially when you consider that steak and salmon are available. My friend got the senior discount, which made this place an incredible deal! (I'm not a senior, so my g
Cons
The restaurant can't help that it attracts large families with kids who run all over the place, or customers who look like they come the wrong side of town.
Comments
My friend who lives in Anchorage calls it "The Golden Gorge", and always brings me here when I visit the city. I've been there 3 times, and will eat there again in the coming days.
10/26/2017

A diner from Walla Walla, WA tried Asia Garden Restaurant in Taku / Campbell and liked it.

10/25/2017

A Vietnamese chowhound from Anchorage, AK tried Pho Saigon.

Italian American Contemporary

Orso  Restaurant Reviews

Orso is located near the cities of Elmendorf Afb and Elmendorf Air Force Base.
People found this by searching for: Orso Restaurant Anchorage Menu, Orsos Anchorage, Orso Restaurant Anchorage, Open Table Orso, Orso Childrens Menu, Orso Food Dish, Orsos Anchorage Menu, and Orso Anchorage Menu.