Orso Trattoria

(Near the intersection of Old Lodge Rd and Beauvert Rd)

Cuisine: Italian

Orso Trattoria is a Italian restaurant where most Menuism users tipped less than 15%.

• 3/20/2017

Alero tried it and didn't like it.

Alero photo

Alero

Edmonton, AB

poor experience

My husband and I went to this restaurant for breakfast while staying at the Jasper Park Lodge as it was the only place where breakfast was available without going into town. Firstly it is very expensive – the buffet was 29.99 per person . We opted to choose from the menu which was cheaper . It took a long time to get our food but to our waiters credit he brought us a little plate of fresh fruit since we were waiting so long . My husband had a traditional breakfast which was fine but the butter they brought us was very hard ( even though it was in cute ittle round balls ! ) we were unable to spread it , and had to ask for some soft butter. I had pancakes but they were so crumbly I couldn’t even pick them up – they just fell to pieces – the sausage I had with them was fine …….. When the waiter saw that I had not eaten the pancakes , he took them off the bill and offered me something else but by this time we just wanted to leave – we had been there long enough ! I asked if I could just have a banana to take with me. He brought me 2 bananas but by the time I wanted to eat them later in the day they were so black they were inedible . All in all not a good experience though the waiter was attentive and tried to make it up to us the food was below par . Will not return.

pancakes and sausage

pancakes just crumbled in pieces – couldn’t butter them or pick them up with fork. The sauage were O.K.

Italian Reservations