227 2nd Ave S
Saskatoon, SK S7K

Otowa Japanese Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Central Business District
Cuisine: Japanese

Otowa Japanese Restaurant is a Japanese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

• 6/13/2014

A Japanese chowhound from Toronto, ON tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Dancer214 photo

Dancer214

Regina, SK

Just awesome

When you first step into the restaurant, the staff are very welcoming. Food is awesome, some people say it’s over-priced but it’s understandable!
Love it, recommended for everyone to try!

kwistine photo

kwistine

Saskatoon, SK

A place I'll really miss....

Otowa has for over a decade been a favourite spot of ours for a special dinner or a delicious lunch. Tonight we were a party of three celebrating my husband’s birthday there because we are never disappointed with the fantastic food and nice quiet atmosphere. After ordering, we were told that it was a busier than usual night, which is fine with me, I don’t mind waiting a bit for a delicious meal, however after ordering we sat for over an hour with nothing on our table. No water, no tea, no food.
Our table was right in the middle so the waiters had to walk past us each time they went to another table, and all three of them continually avoided eye contact with us, and ignored us when we tried to ask for a refill on our tea. To finally get a waitress’ attention I had to practically shout across the restaurant to ask for more tea, and that was the only time it was refilled.
After an hour and twenty minutes, we got our food and it was as delicious as always, by the time we finished eating, the restaurant had cleared out a fair bit, so we decided to order some tempura ice cream for dessert. Half an hour later I had had enough, and the waitstaff was still ignoring us, so I walked back to the waiter’s station to ask if our desserts were being prepared, because at that point, I would rather have just left and gone somewhere else for dessert.
I was told that they were almost done, so I sat back down and we decided to give them another five minutes before leaving. The desserts finally arrived with only 10 seconds to spare. All this while the waitstaff was ignoring us, and were milling around their station discussing which table was table number 13. We never got a glass of water, another refill on our tea or an apology.
I am most upset about this experience because this was one of my very favourite places in Saskatoon, and I really don’t feel like going back there again.
I will miss you most of all, Chop Chop roll.

Assorted Maki Rolls

Amy306 photo

Amy306

Saskatoon, SK

Worst Sushi in town

I’ve only ever had the sushi there, and I’ve tried it twice. It is over priced and just not good at all. I don’t think I will be trying it again. The service was very bad as well.

8/20/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Dallas, TX tried Johns Prime Rib & Steak House in Central Business District, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/08/2018

An Afternoon Tea chowhound from Humboldt, SK tried The Ivy Dining & Lounge in Central Industrial and liked it. They liked the food.

2/23/2018

A Ribs food lover from Edmonton, AB tried Venice House Family Restaurant in Sutherland, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/16/2018

A dining patron from Saskatoon, SK tried Sunshine Up Restaurant and Lounge, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/04/2017

A diner from Bountiful, UT tried Saigon II Restaurant and liked it.

9/24/2017

A Seafood food lover from Saskatoon, SK tried Red Lobster in Greystone Heights.

8/26/2017

A diner from Saskatoon, SK tried Broadway Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/02/2017

A diner from CA tried Olympia Family Restaurant in Central Business District.

4/21/2017

A chowhound from Saskatoon, SK tried Somewhere Else Pub & Grill in Avalon, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/12/2017

A diner from Saskatoon, SK tried Somewhere Else Pub & Grill in Avalon.

Japanese Downtown Terrible Service

Otowa Japanese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Otowa Sushi Saskatoon, Otowa Saskatoon Hours, Otowa Sushi Saskatoon Allergy Menu, Otowa Saskatoon Menu, Otowa Restaurant Saskatoon, Otowa Resturant Menu Saskatoon, Otowa Menu Saskatoon, Otowa Saskatoon, and Otowa Japanese Restaurant.