888 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605

Oysy

Neighborhoods: South Loop
Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, American

Oysy is a Sushi, Japanese, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mmm_good photo

mmm_good

New York, NY

Could be better

Wasn’t really impressed with the meal here. The presentation was outstanding but overall the flavors were lackluster and the portions were not worth the cost. Also the fish quality was just average. I actually prefer Kamehachi a half mile down the road (the oyster shooters there are raging!). Excellent cocktails and a nice place to people-watch though.

Grilled Tuna Steak

Fish quality was OK. Poor flavors. Perhaps an off-day?

justin photo

justin

Beautifully prepared sushi

The presentation at Oysy is always impeccable. When you get your sushi, you can definitely see the attention to detail. The catepillar roll has a cute little face with green antennae and the red dragon roll has a pretty cool dragon head. If I had to make the sushi, it’d take me hours…

Anyways, the sushi is good. It usually take me quite a few rolls to get full, so it can get pricey but it’s a nice indulgence every now and then.

Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Futo Maki

Not bad. The roll is big and refreshing. The egg is the best part.

Caterpillar

It’s a catepillar! Very sweet and plenty of avocado. yummy.

Red Dragon

These big rolls are good.

Tamago / Cooked Egg

I love Tamago. The pieces are big, sweet and tasty – just the way I likee it.

Fire Cracker

Wow! That is spicy. There were a couple chopped peppers embedded inside that really knocked me out. When I wasn’t sweating from the spice, the roll was hearty and sweet.

Spicy Salmon Maki

Since I love salmon, I prefer this to spicy tuna. mmmm salmon.

Steamed Homemade Seafood Dumplings

Bleh. Not much taste here, just some mushiness on the inside. Only 4 pieces too for $5.

Sake Kawa / Crispy Salmon Skin

Mmmm, did I mention I love salmon? Even the skin is good.

zivo photo

zivo

Chicago, IL

My favorite here so far

Oysy has been my favorite sushi restaurant since arriving upon the shores of Lake Michigan. The environment is nice, and the fish has been consistently fresh. For the downtown area with limited restaurants, it is a select place to go.

Dragon

tulips500 photo

tulips500

declining quality

i’ve been going to oysy since it first opened, and the rolls were always hefty-sized, beautifully presented, and of fresh quality. i recently went here on a wednesday, and what a change…the rolls were poorly wrapped, small, and lacking in freshness.

i used to recommend oysy often to my friends, but i won’t be directing my friends here anymore.

My follow-up review for this restaurant. Read my previous review for this restaurant here

Green Turtle

the rolls were small and poorly wrapped. just an alright roll.

athrax photo

athrax

Easton, PA

I'd order take out, but I'm not sure I'd stay again...

Located right down the street from the Hilton hotel. We came here with a small group for dinner one evening. They have a booming take out service, but they were SLOW to prepare food for those who decided to stay and eat there. I saw several orders placed AFTER we put in our order and they were finished long before we got our food. We were actually told that it would be best to not order sushi because it would take a long time because of the take out orders… and, for me, sushi is a prime reason (no, not the only reason, but still a damn good reason!) for coming to a Japanese restaurant. Despite this, the food we finally got was good. I recommend the house mojito and the tuna spring roll.

Sushi Trendy Japanese
Mon-Thu 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Mon-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Fri 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 05:00PM - 09:30PM

Oysy  Restaurant Reviews

Oysy is located near the cities of Pilsen, Armour Square, Near South Side, Mc Kinley Park, and Near West Side.
People found this by searching for: Oysy Chicago Review, Oysy Chicago Hours, Oysy, Fornetto Mei Restaurant, Kamehachi Of Tokyo Chicago Streeterville Restaurant, Oysy Hours, Oysy Chicago Michigan Ave, and Oysy Chicago.