5599 W National Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53214-4554

Painted Parrot

Cuisine: American, Caribbean, Jamaican

Painted Parrot is a American, Caribbean, and Jamaican restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 5/06/2013

A dining patron from BC tried it and didn't like it.

TinaMilwaukee photo

TinaMilwaukee

Brown Deer, WI

Too Sweet

I will preface this review by saying I am complete food snob. No matter how you dress up the plate if the overall ingredients and or preparation are poor it won’t help.
Ambience** A+- The artwork and original murals are incredibly stimulating and set the stage for what should be an enjoyable meal.
Cleanliness**A+. The floors and all surfaces were spotless. The bar area was neat, well organized, and clean.
Service**B. Our server started out great by getting drinks and suggesting appetizers. She returned with our drink orders promptly. The breakdown happened when we requested pitchers of water five times before they were delivered. We had an additional incident when we requested a half order of Big Ass Nachos. Despite repeated indications that we were not interested in ordering the full order of the Big Ass Nachos she kept pushing by showing us the difference between the two orders. For the record for a group of 8 the half order Big Ass Nachos is a sufficient appetizer. As we all know nachos do not reheat well. The last thing you need are leftover containers of nachos taking up shelf space in your refrigerator.
Food**F. I ordered the Costa Rican Curry Platter. The disappointment started the minute the dish was delivered. When I think of curry I expect a creamy dish with sauce. This was more like barbeque skewers. They were very sweet and tasted like it had been dressed in a barbeque sauce with some curry sauce tossed in. In their defense I can’t do sweet and savory in one dish. In place of the Plantains I requested the garlic mashed potatoes. The garlic mashed potatoes were too die for. However when the bill arrived I noted a $2.50 charge for the garlic mashed potatoes. For the record really they are worth $2.50. However when we she questioned our server about the up charge and explained that the plate only normally contains a few slices of plantains so clearly I the new customer should have understood that there would be an up charge. Unfortunately for her one of fellow diners took her up on her challenge that the manager would need to be called to correct the situation.
The half order of Big Ass Nachos were well dressed and plentiful. I would definitely order them again. Actually were I to eat there again this is the only thing I would order. In discussing the meals with our table everyone concurred that their dishes has a major sweetness overtone.
Bottom Line—Would I eat there again. NO!!!!

Costa Rican Curry Platter

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

The garlic mashed potatoes were too die for. The texture was and blending of flavors was incredible.

Big Ass Nachos

lvhiphop photo

lvhiphop

Milwaukee, WI

Good food so so service

When I went to the Painted Parrot I took a group of 20. They set us up at 2 separate tables.
Unfortunately the table I was at had an inattentive server. She was mostly non-existant. While the other table was having food delivered, we had barely ordered. She did not come back for drink refills until bringing our food. I had to get up and complain to the hostess.
When the food did come it was delicious. I had the jerk chicken and plantains. Highly recommend the food, maybe with a smaller party the service would improve.
I also brought a Restaurant.com voucher and the waitress seemed put out to have to process it.

Jerk Chicken

The jerk chicken was great and so were the side of plantains

American Delivery Caribbean

Painted Parrot  Restaurant Reviews

Painted Parrot is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Painted Parrot Milwaukee, Painted Parrot West Allis, Painted Parrot Restaurant Milwaukee, Painted Parrot Specials, Painted Parrot Crab Legs, Painted Parrot, Painted Parrot West Allis Crab Legs, and Painted Parrot Menu.