2030 5th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121-2505

Palace Kitchen

Neighborhoods: Belltown
Cuisine: American, Lunch, Catering

Palace Kitchen is a American, Lunch, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 2/19/2017

A diner from WA tried it and liked it.

shaomai photo

shaomai

San Jose, CA

Fast service, chill atmosphere = solid restaurant

I was originally going to have sushi the night I ate here, but with the power outtage from the massive windstorm and traffic backed up from the Seattle/Niners game, it took me 2 hours to get back to the Westin hotel. Tired, hungry, and rather pissed off, we asked the concierge for the closest place that served a great burger. She recommended Tom Douglas’ Palace Kitchen. I approved since it was a short 2 block walk and I felt like I was going to keel over and die if I didn’t eat anything in the next 20 minutes.

The first thing I loved about Palace Kitchen was that the concierge called ahead and let them know we were coming, and even though they were pretty full when we got there, we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival. After taking about 2 seconds to pick out our food, we told them we were dying of hunger, and they took our order quickly, bread came immediately, and our food came shortly after! I was really impressed with the speed of service.

This was my first experience dining at an infamous Tom Douglas’ restaurant, and I wasn’t actually expecting much – the atmosphere here was pretty kick back, and I figured the quality of the food would just be average. I was rather pleasantly surprised – the fish I ordered was flavorful (though a tad overcooked, but not by that much), and exactly what I wanted to eat at that moment. My coworker had the palace burger royale, which instantly transformed his mood from cranky to fully satisfied. i have to admit, even though I liked my fish, I was pretty jealous of his thick, juicy-looking burger.

The food was good, but it was their responsiveness to our hunger that earns my thumbs up. Also, the food here is a pretty good value. And if you stay at the Westin, it really is 2 blocks away.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

another Tom Douglas hotspot

Cozy restaurant spot right in downtown Seattle – you can’t really go wrong with Douglas restaurants. Nice service, nice selection of dishes with the Northwest touch, and the atmosphere is pleasant. This is a good spot for a nice dinner out or for a date. The place is usually packed so you can go hang out at the bar and the wait staff will come get you (rather than yelling names out which was nice) when your table is ready. Mix of old and young people here just out for a nice evening.

The restaurant also offers late night dining.

holly springs cheese

nice little spread to have for an appetizer or if you just come here for drinks and want a small snack to go with

“manhattan style” blue crab chowder

delicious! i love this chunky chowder and the crab added to it made it even better

washington apple and hazelnut salad

included endives and a cheddar – a nice juicy, light, and sweet salad to have before your meal, everything blended well together with the fruits, nuts, and cheese in this salad

handmade butternut squash ravioli

i might be biased just because i don’t like cream sauces, so if you don’t like cream sauce don’t get this dish. otherwise i would imagine it’s not bad – next time i’ll have to try a meat or fish instead.

nshiftan photo

nshiftan

Seattle, WA

Great food, uniquely Seattle ambiance, and reasonably priced

Palace Kitchen is probably my favorite restaurant in Seattle. Like Tom Douglas’ other restaurants (Dahlia Lounge, Lola, etc.), the menu is packed with creative modern American cuisine with a Northwest twist.

The restaurant has huge windows that open up in the summer, creating the feel of a giant sidewalk cafe. Indeed, Palace Kitchen is a great place to go for happy hour, but be warned that you’ll probably end up staying for dinner after sneaking a peek at the menu.

I usually go with a large group of friends for drinks and tapas (1-2 appetizers per person is more than enough). From Palace Kitchen, both Belltown and Pioneer Square are within walking distance, for those who aren’t ready to call it a night.

KenHsu photo

KenHsu

Seattle, WA

Was trying to find some late night eat with a...

Was trying to find some late night eat with a friend. And ended up at this place. We only ordered some appetizers and a desert.

I had the chicken wings and my friend had some kind of tomato soup. And we had the coconut cream pie for desert.

I was underwhelmed. Probably had too much of an expectation for this one seeing that it i supposed to be a good Tom Douglas restaurant. But the chicken wings was way too salty, not much flavour, and the coconut cream pie was just that, lots of cream plus coconut flakes… oh well.

American Lunch Dinner

ViPham

daniela79

0 useful

Palace Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Palace Kitchen is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Palace Kitchen Dessert Happy Hour Menu Menu, Palace Restaurant In Seattle Downtown, Palace Kitchen Bellevue, Palace Belltown Restaurant, Tom Douglas Chicken Wings, Palace Kitchen Restaurant, Palace Kitchen Menu, and Palace Kitchen Restaurant Week.