310 Washington St
Hoboken, NJ 07030

Panera Bread

Cuisine: Bakeries, Lunch, Salads

Panera Bread is a Bakeries, Lunch, and Salads restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

• 1/14/2019

A Bakeries chowhound from Riverdale, NJ tried it.

• 11/02/2017

A dining patron from Union City, NJ tried it.

JMK0508 photo

JMK0508

Hoboken, NJ

Careless Service

I’ve always loved Panera… the food is great, the prices are reasonable, the service is usually very good. However, I visited this Panera in Hoboken on Tuesday, July 31 at around 8:45am, and I did not have a great experience.

When I walked in, there was only one person on line ordering at the one cashier they had working. I got on line behind him, and when he was finished, I stepped up to the cashier. However, instead of helping me right away, the young man turned around and grabbed a broom and started sweeping the floor, almost as if I wasn’t there. I jingled my keys in my hands a bit so he could hear me there, and after a few seconds he turned toward me. I still can’t tell if he knew I was there or not, but either way, he wasn’t being very observant or attentive to customers.

So anyway, then he does another odd thing. Instead of using the register he just used for the customer before me, he goes to another one not being used in order to help me. But he just walks away from where I’m standing and goes to the other register, and barely mumbles something about asking me to follow him. I instinctively follow him, but he wasn’t very explanatory about anything. Very strange!

So then I tell him my order – an asiago bagel with reduced fat cream cheese, to go. He asks if I want it toasted, and I said “no, just sliced please.” He then repeats my order to another employee, a young girl, so she can prepare it while he takes my money. While I’m paying for my breakfast, I hear the girl say “oops, she didn’t want it toasted, right?” She had already put my bagel in the toaster machine, and then realized I didn’t want it toasted. I kindly said “don’t worry about it” because it wasn’t a big deal to me. She did what she could to get the bagel out quickly and put it in a bag for me.

She finally puts all the other things in the bag (napkins, knife, cream cheese, etc.) and hands it to me. Because of how this entire spectacle had gone so far, I decided to double-check that she gave me the right cream cheese, so I said to her “reduced fat cream cheese, right?” and GUESS WHAT? She had given me regular cream cheese. She quickly took the bag back and replaced the cream cheese with the correct one. By this point, however, I was annoyed and impatient, as I had already been in the store twice as long as I expected.

I must say, the young girl was apologetic for all the mistakes, but overall, my experience was very bad on this morning. I’m the type of person who will always smile through something like this and try to give the person the benefit-of-the-doubt. However, in this case, there were no other customers there, so it’s not like the place was busy at all. It just seemed like the employees were careless in every aspect. And in a place like Hoboken, where there are tons of food places back-to-back-to-back, it is unlikely that I’ll waste my time stopping into this location again…

Bakeries Parking Good For Kids

Panera Bread  Restaurant Reviews

Panera Bread is located near the cities of Hudson County, Weehawken Township, Nyc, Weehawken Twp, and Weehawken.
People found this by searching for: Panera Bread Hoboken New Jersey, Panera Bread, Hoboken, Nj Menu, 310 Washington Street Hoboken Nj 07030 Application, Panera Hoboken, Paneria In Hoboken, Hoboken Panera, Panera Hoboken Menu With Prices, and Panera Bread In Hoboken.