2314 Se Division
Portland, OR 97202

Papa G's Vegan Organic Deli

Neighborhoods: Hosford - Abernethy
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Lunch

Papa G's Vegan Organic Deli is a Vegan, Gluten Free, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

pdx97219 photo

pdx97219

Portland, OR

Papa G's Conscious Eating

I have wondered if the name of this incredible organic vegan deli in Southeast Portland is a play on the name of the Bhakti yogi-saint Papaji because the restaurant seems to hold to higher ideals than just serving food and making a profit.
I recommend the curry bowl which is a coconut milk based yellow curry with tofu and veggies over brown rice. You can add several sides to round out your meal, such as coconut greens or mashed yams, both delicious.
Papa G’s also has a good selection of raw vegan options and a great salad bar. Yes, I agree with other folks who think Papa G’s is a bit pricey, but I also believe you are gettting better quality food for your money.

empire4ashes photo

empire4ashes

Portland, OR

I love Papa G's!

I just moved to Portland a week ago and have already been to Papa G’s Organic Vegan Deli four times. They have a great organic salad bar, 4 daily soup options, a hot bar of food to choose from, as well as menu items. It’s a great place to stop when you’re starving and/or in a rush because you can get a filling hot meal that is already prepared and tasty!

Sesame Quinoa & Tofu

This is a mildly flavored simple dish from the hot bar. I got the organic bowl, where you can choose from an entree and a side. I had the mashed potatoes and ginger gravy on the side. I was wishing the sesame quinoa and tofu had some kind of sauce on it, but I’m a saucy kind of girl.

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

This isn’t $6 alone. It came on the side with my entree which was $6 total. I’ve now had both kinds of their gravy: mushroom and ginger. I like both of them, but I think I like the mushroom gravy just a little bit more! Comfort food at its finest. If only they had stuffing… I’m kind of a carb fiend.

Macaroni and Cheese

I had this as an entree with mashed potatoes and gravy on the side… a veritable carb-fest. So that was $6 total. You can get a side of mac n’ cheese for less. The mac n’ cheese is made with nutritional yeast. The only thing keeping me from giving it four stars is that I didn’t like that they put some spice (possibly pepper?) in the mac. I like my mac extra-cheezy and non-spicy. I probably wouldn’t go out of my way to get it again unless I was having a wicked mac n’ cheese craving.

Salad Bar

I really love their organic salad bar. I filled about half of one of their small salad bowls (salad is sold by the pound) with the veggies of my choosing. Any salad bar that has grated beets gets an A++ in my book. I could just eat a bowl of those by themselves. They have a small but ample salad bar with several dressing choices. I’m kind of a dressing snob but I love their fruity vinaigrette.

Vegan Delicatessen Parking

Papa G's Vegan Organic Deli  Restaurant Reviews

Papa G's Vegan Organic Deli is located near the cities of Alameda Beaumont Wilshire and Hillsdale.
People found this by searching for: Papa Gs Deli Portland, Papa G Coconut Curry, Papa G's Portland, Portland Or Vegan Frozen Yogurt, Vegan Frozen Yogurt Portland, Papa G's Portland Menu, and Papa G's Menu.