4570 Lyons Rd
Coconut Creek, FL 33073

Party Cakes By Shawn

Cuisine: Cakes

Party Cakes By Shawn is a Cakes restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid more than $50.

Pros
"Paid lots of money for a plain cake. What was agreed upon was not delivered as far as design. I got a plan white cake and a couple of stars on it. The cake was supposed to be red. If you want to purchase a cake, make sure you sit down and be very very cl"
  • 5/31/2014

A Cakes chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
SusanneLove photo

SusanneLove

Amazing Cakes

Thank you so much for making my birthday so special. The Cake was more then I could have ever imagined. The taste was even better then I remembered in the tasting. Thank you again, I look forward to working with you in the future.

HappyCustomer777 photo

HappyCustomer777

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!

Shawn from Party Cakes by Shawn is awesome! Her cake tastes excellent and she went out of her way to accommodate my fiancé at the time and me. I think we changed our cake design twice and the second time she may have already started the first one. But, she said, “You only get married once”! We went to 3 cake bakeries and Shawn is a sweetheart and was very kind to my fiancé and me and that is why we chose her as well as the taste of her cakes. We trusted her and she held our hands through the process. I would recommend her and have already ordered a birthday cake since and it too was delicious.

I never go online and write any kind of review, but I too am a business owner and have been on the receiving end of a “one-sided” review.

I also decided to write this as “review” as opposed to a “reply” to another posting dated a couple months ago because I wanted Shawn of Party Cakes by Shawn to get the credit she deserves!

By the way, out of the 6 or so cakes we tasted, it came down to picking the dulce de leche or the key lime cake and we chose the key lime cake. I don’t even like key lime pie, but this key lime cake was AWESOME!!!

Wedding Cake

Key lime cake! Everybody loved this cake! It tasted soooo good and was beautifully done.

All her cakes tasted awesome, but we had to chose one. Good price too!

badcakes photo

badcakes

Boca Raton, FL

Poor customer service

Poor ethical standards for this Groupon bakery! I was hoping I could save some money on my wedding cake. BIG MISTAKE! Shawn was a big disappointment to my wedding, her personality is so fake and flakey, all smiles and calling you honey in the beginning. After a brief meeting with her regarding what we agreed on and making a deposit. I had called her the very next day and left a message regarding cake color change and possible renting a cake stand from her. However she never responded back to my phone messages nor emails. She claimed that she was too busy and somehow did not receive any of my emails and messages. After speaking with her, I realized and felt in my heart that she was not a nice person and did not deserve my business. She was very unprofessional and nasty on the phone with me. After asking back for my deposit of $100, she said no and that was her policy once you paid a deposit no refund. My wedding was still 3 weeks away and its not like she had already baked my cake. Needless to say after disputing it out with her, she still declined in paying me back my deposit. She comes off sweet when you first meet her, but as soon as she has you pay a deposit, she turns into a bitch once she has your money! I ended up going to a wonderful bakery Edda’s Cake by Design, which had a way better cake taste and all my guest loved the cake and I was very happy with their service and pricing! I did have to pay a little more but it was well worth it, customer service and quality was outstanding!They are the best bakery one can have for their wedding or special occasions’! Don’t go to Shawn, she’s a rip-off and her cakes do not taste half as good as Edda’s!

michaelaf photo

michaelaf

Brooklyn, NY

upset with the results

I am writing to you to let you know that me and my husband are upset on how the cupcakes and the cake turned out. I had asked you if you were able to replicate the cake/cupcake and you had replied “yes”. As you can tell from the pictures I have provided, compared to what you have made, doesn’t even compare to what we requested. If you weren’t able to do so as a professional you could have advised us that you can make a similar version.

The cake flowers from color, type and size as well as the lace design were all wrong. Flowers were supposed to be lilac. We were told strawberries were in season and were happy to hear fresh strawberries would be used in the cake. I don’t think I have to say what happened there. Lace around the cake was not spaced correctly and unevenly centered around the cake. You could have said that you weren’t able to replicate this cake and could have shown us what you can do and we would go from there. If it would have cost more, again, you should have said so. The cupcakes weren’t average size and if you or your assistant decorated them, as you can see, they were done sloppy and again the flower type was wrong.

I had a bad feeling when you thought that the cakes were for Satuarday and the delays in the emails. I guess you live and learn, and you can keep my good review because that was a review toward you as an individual. Sorry I can’t say the same towards the quality of your work and the outcome of your product.

The bottom line of this email is that we felt that we received something that was done at last minute and used whatever you had left in your kitchen. For future occasions I will not use you again and I will not recommend to anyone.
pics are uploaded what i requested and what i received

Ybrady photo

Ybrady

Wow what a cake!

I can only say WOW what a cake! When my daughter Kaya saw the cake for the first time she screamed!! It was more than we thought it would be!! People all night could not stop talking about the detail. Not only was it a gorgeous cake but tasted delicious! This is our third cake with the Shawn and will not be our last!!
Sincerely Yvonne

JamesArriola photo

JamesArriola

Perfect Sweet 16 Cake

Thank you so much for the wonderful Sweet 16 cake for my daughter. She talked about the cake for weeks and it was everything she wanted it to be. Thank you and we will be using you in the future!

bridetobe2013 photo

bridetobe2013

Pompano Beach, FL

Great Cakes. Poor Service.

After our first tasting, my fiancé & I were highly impressed by her quality of cakes & we left her a fantastic review on her website! She offered to set up a follow-up tasting so that we could sample her Key Lime (which we had requested for the first tasting, but she forgot to include it). I had a very difficult time reaching her to set up the follow-up tasting, but I really wanted to use her so I didn’t complain. We scheduled our follow-up tasting for the Key Lime. She texted me at 9:30pm the night before (unprofessional), telling me to meet her at a different address (telling me to, not asking me to). Then, she did not show up to our scheduled appt. I tried to reach her, but she did not respond. It has now been 2 weeks and I haven’t even received an email/text/call with “sorry, something came up.”
She has her website set up so that I cannot delete my review or write a new one. I do not want to be responsible for misleading future brides/clients if this is the bind she has put me in weeks before my wedding (not having a cake vendor & scrambling to find someone who’s still available).
We were very disappointed with her unprofessionalism and would not recommend using a vendor who is not dependable for such an important event.

Wedding Cake

Her quality of cake & buttercream were outstanding! We were definitely going to use her for our wedding cake. Unfortunately, her service proved to be fickle & unprofessional. I will not risk hiring a vendor who is not dependable for such an important event like my wedding.

Wedding Cakes Party Cakes Good Service

Party Cakes By Shawn  Restaurant Reviews

Party Cakes By Shawn is located near the cities of Margate, Miami Fort Lauderdale Metro Area, N Lauderdale, and North Lauderdale.
People found this by searching for: Party Cakes By Shawn, Party Cakes Coconut Creek, Www.Partycakesbyshawn.Net, Party Cakes By Shawn Reviews, Cakes By Shawn, Coconut Creek Cakes, Designs By Shawn Fl, and Reviews For Party Cakes By Shawn.