1770 El Camino Real
San Bruno, CA 94066

Patio Filipino

Neighborhoods: Millbrae
Cuisine: Filipino, Caterer, Lunch

Pros
"Fast service and good food "
Cons
"Nothing for me its all good"
  • 10/27/2017

A Filipino food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fast service and good food
    Cons
    Nothing for me its all good
  • 8/18/2015

A dining patron from Redwood City, CA tried it.

• 5/16/2015

A Filipino chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/16/2014

An American food lover from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it.

• 10/05/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 5/15/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 12/30/2013

A dining patron from Sacramento, CA tried it.

• 7/20/2013

A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried it and didn't like it.

Initial impressions: Good prices, generous...

Initial impressions: Good prices, generous portions, and a slightly more Spanish take on traditional Filipino cuisine.

It definitely doesn’t look it from the outside (just a canopy and a small patio) but the interior was surprisingly light, colorful, and well-appointed. Service was quick and responsive, and the food came quickly.

I noted that there was a paella on the menu, but we decided against it. Something to keep in mind though!

For 6 of us, we ordered the Crispy Pata (fried pork shoulder), Chicken Adobo, Kare Kare (Oxtail with Peanut Sauce) and Pansit Canton (noodles), as well as Garlic Rice and Regular Steamed Rice.

I have to say, the Crispy Pata was excellent. Just the right textures with crispy fried skin, and moist, succulent pork shoulder. It’s great with the soy sauce vinegar, but you should definitely ask for the liver sauce (I forget what it’s called) to dip the meat into.

The Pansit was pretty good – more similar to chow mein. I am used to having pansit with thinner rice noodles rather than the thicker spaghetti noodles, but my girlfriend assures me that this is more traditional. Not bad, but I prefer the vermicelli version.

The Cihcken Adobo was pretty good – standard chicken chopped roughly, stewed in adobo, and served with fried plantains. The plaintains were a nice touch and really complemented the adobo. Definitely a dependable dish.

Lastly, the Kare Kare – definitely more of an ethnic dish. I normally enjoy braised/stewed oxtail, but this dish wasn’t as flavorful as I would have liked. It looked more like a curry than a stewed/braised dish. The peanut was evident, but other than that it wasn’t seasoned that well. My friend mentioned that you were supposed to eat it with the provided shrimp paste, but even with that, I wasn’t that impressed.

Dessert: 3 Halo Halos, served inside a coconut and topped with a heaping scoop of taro ice cream. Definitely get this one to share – it’s huge! The taro ice cream was bursting with artificial taro flavor, but I didn’t mind that. Inside the coconut was a treasure trove of various jellies and mixed beans, plus you could actually scrape the inside of the coconut to get the sweet coconut meat. I really enjoyed this dessert, and there are many others that I wanted to try!

I would definitely go back to sample other dishes. Would highly recommend the Crispy Pata and Halo Halo dessert. Very reasonable prices, considering the volume of food that you get, and definitely higher quality atmosphere/cuisine than Goldilocks!

jaetrix photo

jaetrix

Daly City, CA

Great place to eat

I love this place. The only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5 is that the wait can sometimes be a drag. The food is excellent and the service is great. I love the ambiance which is great when usually Filipino restaurants are usually small and with little or no decoration or flare. They take great pride in their food and my family and I are usually there eating every week or ordering take out.

u_rcrazie photo

u_rcrazie

Los Gatos, CA

This Place SUCKS

I make reservations for Sunday at 5PM. I get there and no one is there. We arrive 15 minutes early and wait until 5:15pm and decide if this place is going to be closed or open late. The lady who took my reservations should have told me they run on Filipino Time.

I would never suggest this place to eat NEVER EVER. Read the reviews do your search. Waste of time, I don’t understand how this place ever got on TV or got good reviews.

They lost about 7 grand of business from me cause I wanted them to cater but after this crap. HELLLLLLL NAW.

RUN NOW Don’t Eat Here

6/20/2020

A dining patron from US tried London Fish & Chips, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Good prices, real fish dipped and fried. Hard to judge fairly due to pandemic
Cons
Small pieces of fish but they offer a 4 piece
Comments
Everything was edible at a fair price
6/12/2020

A diner from Denver, CO tried Ming's Restaurant.

4/27/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Pacifica, CA tried Akagi Restaurant.

2/19/2020

An American chowhound from US tried Artichoke Joe's.

2/14/2020

A Japanese chowhound from Concord, CA tried Akagi Restaurant and liked it.

2/11/2020

A diner from San Francisco, CA tried Artichoke Joe's.

1/31/2020

An American chowhound from CA tried Artichoke Joe's.

10/03/2019

A dining patron from Daly City, CA tried London Fish & Chips and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

5/25/2019

A dining patron from KR tried Artichoke Joe's.

5/17/2019

A dining patron from Novato, CA tried Artichoke Joe's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Friday and Saturday night prime rib dinner - but once it's gone, that's it!
Cons
Don't like that it's in a casino unlike the ones in Tahoe or Vegas. Kinda sleazy. Dark bar.
Filipino Southeast Asian Cuisine Caterer

Patio Filipino  Restaurant Reviews

Patio Filipino is located near the cities of Uninc San Mateo County, S San Francisco, South San Francisco, Ssf, and Millbrae.
People found this by searching for: Patio Filipino, Patio Filipino Restaurant, Patio Filipino Restaurant Menu, Patio Filipino Menu, Filipino Restaurant Menu List, Filipino Food Menu List, and Kuya's Asian Cuisine 94066 Language:En.