Pecos Pit BBQ

Neighborhoods: SoDo
Cuisine: Barbecue, Catering, Lunch

Pecos Pit BBQ is a Barbecue, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go.

Pros
"Best BBQ sauce around. Pepper based, not sugar! Excellent slow cooked meats. "
Cons
"Not much seating available. "
Comments
"Great people!"
QB
PriyaPuri photo

PriyaPuri

Seattle, WA

Pecos's is open Monday-Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm. They've g...

Pecos’s is open Monday-Friday 11:00am – 3:00pm. They’ve got two basic things on the menu : A pulled beef sandwich, and a pulled pork sandwich. Other than that there’s a couple of sides that you can purchase.

The sandwiches come mild, medium, or hot…I’d like to think I can handle my own when it comes to spice, but I cry a little every time I have the medium. None the less sandwiches are awesome, the only seating is out doors, and yet even in the dead of winter the line is around the corner.

The service is always really friendly despite the rush, and always speedy. This is definitely one of my favorite places for a good bbq sandwiches.

Legoit photo

Legoit

Renton, WA

Awesome

I have been going to Paco’s Pit for over twenty yeas now. There is always a line, but it’s always a short wait. I remember when they didn’t have the 8 sandwiches per person limit. That was the time when the line was long and slow, but still worth it. Paco’s Pit is the best BBQ I have found but I don’t like to call it BBQ because it’s better than BBQ.

DakotaClark photo

DakotaClark

Lake Stevens, WA

Smoke Ring Kings

I have had the training, and have served as one of the BBQ judges in the Pacific Northwest.

I prefer not to put sauce on my BBQ, because it hides the flavor – good or bad.

I always order “Sliced Beast – Dry” and that refers to brisket. That means my sandwich arrives stuffed with sliced brisket – plain, no sauce.

It is a plentiful portion.

A sandwich, Sliced Beast - DRY

Pecos Pit BBQ “sliced Brisket – dry” allows me to see the product without it being hidden or masked by sauce.
The first thing I look for is the smoke ring.
I always look at the smoke ring to see how it penetrated the brisket.
The next thing is to take a piece of the sliced brisket and gently pull it apart. It usually pulls apart quite easily, inferring tenderness.
The next thing I do is take a small bite, and taste the flavor, and confirm the tenderness.
I have been gointg to Pecos Pit BBQ since 1997. In all cases, the appearance of the brisket, the tenderness, and the flavor has been top quality.
For those of you who like to use sauce, ask them to put a dab on the side.
The whole point about good Q is being able to see it, feel it and taste it.

December 22, 2011

Simple, Hot, and Good

Favorite BBQ joint in Seattle. Good Briskets, Pulled Pork, Beans, Corn, Hot sausage. Seating is outdoor only. Prices about $6 for a sandwich and they are good. The medium is about a Thai 3 star.
October 25, 2011

Go for the Hot

Simple niche but really good. I love their pulled pork, and usually get it Hot. Will warn you this is equivalent to 5 star Thai. 4 stars because parking is hard during rush hr.

Barbecue Catering Dinner
Tips
  • Even the medium sauce is hot; mild is a good choice for the majority of folks.
  • There is no indoor seating, but many picnic tables outside. Of those, two are under a roof.
  • The joint is located a four blocks south of Safeco--it's a bit of a hike, but you'll welcome the exercise after your calorie-fest.
Mon-Fri 11:00AM - 04:00PM

Pecos Pit BBQ  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/27/2016 A diner from WA tried it.

• 7/07/2015 A diner from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 1/17/2014 A diner from Seattle, WA tried it and liked it.

• 7/08/2013 A diner from Vancouver, WA tried it and rated it 5 stars.

• 7/03/2013 A diner from Saint Paul, MN tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Best BBQ sauce around. Pepper based, not sugar! Excellent slow cooked meats.
    Cons
    Not much seating available.
    Comments
    Great people!
  • 5/07/2013 A diner from Renton, WA tried it and liked it.

Pecos Pit BBQ is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Pecos Pit Seattle, Pecos Pit Menu, Pecos Pit Bbq Menu, Pecos Pit Bbq Sodo, Pecos Bbq Seattle Menu, Pecos Pit Seattle Menu, Pecos Pit Bbq Seattle, and Peco's Pit Bbq.