Diner Survey Results 3 responses
- 13 / 20
- Read Gayot Review »
- Cocktails are the draw here, but patrons can also enjoy upscale small plates like yellow fin tuna, coconut shrimp, and smoked trout deviled eggs.
- Pegu is better suited for smaller, intimate groups--parties of 10 or more will likely not be seated.
- The mixologists here favor gin to vodka--and they've got 16 varieties of gin in stock. If you want to stay in their good graces, don't order a vodka tonic.
- Drinks are the draw here, but patrons can also enjoy upscale bar snacks like smoked trout deviled eggs.
- Try the Gin-Gin Mule, a mojito-like concoction of gin, house-made ginger beer, mint, and lime, cooled with huge ice cubes that won't water down. For non-gin-drinkers, Pegu's take on the classic Whisky Smash is a savory alternative.
- Flip to the back of the leather bound menus to read up on the history behind the bar's name.
- Pegu's expert mixologists prefer gin to vodka--and they've got more than a dozen varieties of the former in stock. If you want to stay in their good graces, don't order a vodka tonic.
8/08/2014 A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.
6/16/2013 A diner from TX tried it and liked it.