4155 Morse Crossing
Columbus, OH 43219

Pei Wei

Neighborhoods: Easton
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese, Lunch

Pei Wei is a Asian, Chinese, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

• 4/25/2015

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

GregS18348 photo

GregS18348

Blue Ash, OH

Excellent and Fresh

Let me start this review with one word “Fresh”……….”Fresh, Fresh, Fresh, Fresh, Fresh”. OK , so that’s technically six words, but you get the idea. This place is a pleasant mix between fast food (you place your order at the counter), and a sit-down restaurant (they bring the food to you, in order), that works perfectly.
This offshoot of the well-known PF Chang’s restaurant chain fills a unique niche. It is not as formal, nor as expensive, as its parent, nor is it quite as informal feeling as say, a Panda Express. When you walk in, you are met by a series of beautiful eye level panels that are the menu. There are a variety of entrees (Signature Dishes), many available as vegetarian with tofu, or with chicken, beef or shrimp for us meat eaters. The selection is relatively small if you are used to a traditional Chinese restaurant with dozens and dozens of choices. There are 11 signature dishes, 6 rice and noodle dishes, 3 salad choices, and a few soups and gluten free items. They also offer “small plates”. These are starters (the spring rolls, egg rolls, a lettuce wrap and some soups). They have small size orders of these, a good idea in my opinion, so you don’t have to get a dozen “Crab Rangoons” if you are dining solo. There is a small kids menu if you have the little ones in tow.
I ordered a cup of the hot and sour soup, and on the suggestion of the young lady working the counter, the “Thai Dynamite” with chicken, and steamed brown rice (you can also choose white rice). It was marked as “Spicy”, as are six other entrees. I stuck with water for a drink, and was handed an oversized “Chip” that would be used to identify me at my table when my food was ready. The dining area is nice, with an upscale feel to it. The wooden chairs at the tables are not the most comfortable in the world, but we’re not talking about “The Old Gentlemen’s Club” here. There is an upright cylinder at the table containing chopsticks (more on this item in a moment), soy sauce, and a couple of plates with napkins. The self-serve drink area (free refills) also has teaspoons, lemon and orange wedges (very nice in my ice water), sugar packs, etc. On the wall behind these items is an area that contains hot chili sauce, hot mustard, and oil and vinegar, all in glass serving containers.
A moment after getting my drink, I saw a server holding what appeared to be a cup of soup on a plate and searching for it’s owner. I dutifully held up my number, as it had been sitting on the table and was difficult to see. After setting down my soup (real cup, real Chinese soup spoon, real plate – no disposables here), the server took my chip and placed it in the holder at the top of that chopstick cylinder mentioned earlier. Doh! But, in my defense, no one else had theirs in their holders either. So now I know.
The soup was rich, warm and delicious, if not what I am traditionally used to. Most that I have had have a touch of sweetness, and a touch of vinegar popping up in there. This did not, but it was still an excellent soup with a beautiful mouth feel. I will definitely order this again. A few moments later, the entrée arrived. It was beautiful, fresh, and obviously prepared to order. The chicken was lightly breaded and fried, and then apparently grilled. Yes, I said grilled. You could see what appeared to be light grill marks, and taste the char. However it was prepared, it was magnificent. The sauce was very flavorful, the vegetables fresh as can be, perfectly cooked and all served with a lime wedge. I grabbed some chili and hot mustard to heat it up a little, as “Spicy” here is not apparently volcano spicy as it is at some places. The steamed brown rice was wonderful, too. It had an earthy, almost smoky flavor and just the right amount of moisture to it. The meal was great.
I highly recommend this place. They advertise as “Asian”, stating not only Chinese, but Thai, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese influences as well. Although the variety is not huge, the quality is fantastic. As they say “It is better to do a few things and do them well, than to do a lot of things poorly”. I certainly look forward to going back and trying a few of the other dishes. Next time it’s the Kung Pao or the Thai Green Coconut Curry! I can’t wait!

Fresh and Made to Order. Mildly Spicy! - Thai Dynamite at Pei Wei

Thai Dynamite

Asian Chinese Dinner

Pei Wei  Restaurant Reviews

Pei Wei is located near the cities of Grandview Heights.
People found this by searching for: Pei Wei Easton, Pei Wei Easron, Pei Wei Table Number, Pei Wei Chopstick Holder, Pei Restaurants Easton Columbus Ohio, Are There Any Pictures Of The Inside Of Peiwei Restaurants, and Pei Wei Table Number Holders.