2411 South Florida Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33803

Peking House

Neighborhoods: Lake Hollingsworth
Cuisine: Chinese, Lunch, Breakfast

Peking House is a Chinese, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
  • 6/15/2019

A Chinese chowhound from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 6/03/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried it.

• 5/26/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Lakeland, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 5/26/2017

A dining patron from FL tried it.

• 1/12/2017

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 11/01/2016

Sfissfis tried it.

• 11/01/2016

A diner from Lakeland, FL tried it.

• 3/16/2016

A diner from Lakeland, FL tried it and liked it.

• 10/24/2015

A Chinese chowhound from Lake Wales, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/17/2015

A dining patron from Hollywood, FL tried it.

sfissfis photo

sfissfis

Lakeland, FL

Rude owner to loyal customer

This will be the last time I eat here. After coming here for 15-20 years, they have lost my business. I came in at 2:36, 6 minutes after lunch “stopped” and ordered an appetizer and asked about lunch. I WAS THE ONLY ONE IN THE PLACE! They told me lunch stopped at 2:30, I asked if I could still get lunch. The waitress asked and said yes. By this time another guest had walked in and the waitress asked him if he would like lunch as well, he declined. Then about 2 minutes later I was approached and was told, No, the owner has now said that she will not do lunch for me after saying yes 2 minutes ago when she was asked, and I had to order a combo plate which was the same as lunch but larger, and $2.00 more. I didn’t want larger, I had already ordered an appetizer. So I approached the owner, and explained what had happened, and she knows who I am after 15-20 years of coming in there, and she got rude and nasty with me and said she couldn’t do lunch because I was 15 minutes late. By his time it was 2:44, and I told her I came in at 2:36. She still said no! I told her if that was her stance after it was offered by the waitress (after asking her), then taken away, that I would eat my appetizer and it surely would be the last time in her restaurant! She didn’t seem to care! Goodbye Peking house, 15-20 years of faithful service lost by 6 minutes and very bad and rude service!

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Happiness Is...

First ‘oriental style’ restaurant I remember from the early 1950’s in Asheville, NC and the blinking sign “Chinese-American” and it was a treat to go in and smell the smells and order off the menu. The next I remember in the later 1950’s was “The Oriental Restaurant” in uptown Charlotte NC, a narrow building squeezed into an area near the Square – same smells, a little darker inside, order off the menu – got my first pair of chop sticks and the owners taught me how to use them (I was about 16 by then). Good Days – before buffet’s. The Peking House has brought that back to me. Nice atmosphere and comfortable seating – order off the menu, and great service. Some may think it’s ‘average decor’, but I like it a lot. That’s what happens I guess when you’re 71 and realizing the things now will someday be someone’s “good old days.” frightening. Ambiance there at Peking is pleasant, comfortable, service is good. (Supposedly they do have buffet once a year on Mother’s Day, I might have to skip that). There are some “adequate’” buffets in the area, like Lings further out – but buffets are notorious for cold food and feeling like you have to shovel it down and get out to make room for the next ones to belly up to the bar! I didn’t feel that way
at Peking.

Moo Goo Gai Pan

Chicken with the vegetables very tasty.

Egg Rolls Or Crab Rangoons

The Egg Rolls were excellent, crispy outside, tender inside.

Wonton Soup

Tender delicious wontons – very tasty.

Chinese Dinner Lunch

Peking House  Restaurant Reviews

Peking House is located near the cities of Eaton Park.
People found this by searching for: Peking House Lakeland Fl Menu, Peking House Menu Lakeland Fl, Peking House Lakeland Fl, Lovers Delight Chinese Food, Peking House Lakeland Menu, Peking House Menu Lakeland, Peking House, and Peking House Lakeland.