278 Barber Ct
Milpitas, CA 95035-7915

Penang Garden

Cuisine: Malaysian, Lunch, Breakfast

Penang Garden is a Malaysian, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 1/02/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 10/13/2014

A Malaysian chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Tasty food, tasty prices

Being a fan of spicy food, I’m always excited to try out new Malaysian restaurants, and I wasn’t disappointed with this one. Penang Garden is located at McCarthy Ranch and in the middle of a giant strip mall anchored by a 99 Ranch. Despite being surrounded by so many other restaurants, this one stands out for its unique and flavorful food.

There was a pretty long wait to get a table, and the service was actually pretty poor – they forgot our drinks and were really slow to take our order in the first place. Despite this, I’d still go back to Penang Garden again in the future.

Roti Canai

I’m usually a fan of this Indian flatbread, but the version here was a bit bland, and the accompanying sauce was far too watery.

Belachan Kang Kung

Awesome flavor and spice on this plate of stir-fried greens.

Curry OX-Tail Clay Pot

Mmm… the curry was just right, and the ox-tail wasn’t overcooked.

I've eaten here a long time ago and just...

I’ve eaten here a long time ago and just recently went back after watching a travel channel show about Singapore and thinking about Hainanese chicken.
We came exactly when they opened for dinner so it was nice—no crowds, the server’s attention was all on us. The food was served fast too; then again, we were the only ones at the restaurant at the time.
We ordered the Roti Canai. It was nicely toasty and warm. The dipping sauce has a nice spice to it.
The pad thai was flavorful but a little sweet; it needs some spice.
We also had the coffee spare ribs which tasted something like Peking spare ribs. The Rendang beef is pretty good though; it has the right amount of spiciness and the beef was really tender. This is my first time trying the Rendang beef and I didnt get disappointed.
For some reason though, I was expecting the Hainanese chicken to taste better but it didnt. I remembered oredering it before and really liking it but this time something is different. Maybe its that they gave us mostly the dark meat part of the chicken with a lot of the skin and bones instead of meat or theres something missing with the condiments it goes with.

Cheap Malaysian Lunch

Penang Garden  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: New Penang Garden Milpitas Menu, "Penang Garden" Mccarthy Ranch Menu, Penang Garden Milpitas Menu, Penang Garden Milpitas, Penang Garden Banquet Menu, Milpitas Restaurant Malaysian, and Penang Garden.