334 S Main St
Lodi, NJ 07644

Penang

Cuisine: Asian, Thai, Malaysian

Pros
"its awesome!"
  • 4/15/2017

A dining patron from Irvington, NJ tried it.

• 11/21/2013

A diner from Larchmont, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    its awesome!
elvisdo photo

elvisdo

Mahwah, NJ

Penang Makes Me Feel at Home

Good Malaysian food is not and easy find where I live, which is why I find Penang Malaysian & Thai Cuisine to be a godsend. This has become the place to be when my parents come out to visit me every year. I know it’s good because they really love the food.

There is a lot on the menu from both Malaysian and Thai cuisines. I can get Thai anywhere. What I want is a good Roti Canai and satay skewers. The skewers come in beef or chicken but I usually ask them to mix it up. Why they only offer 5 is a mystery? There is always going to be an odd number out.

The Hainanese Chicken is a favorite with my sister and it’s a good dish. But I think there was too much soy sauce all over it. Plus I’m used to eating with with some garlic pieces which I missed. It’s also a bit annoying that I have to order The Hainanese chicken rice separately instead of getting it with the meal.

The Beef Rendang is a really good dish. The meat is tender with some good flavors going on. I love that I can order Mee Goreng even though it’s not on the menu. I don’t understand the omission but if they can make it I’m not complaining.

There’s always a tendency to order more than what your stomach can handle. I’ve learned this over time so it’s best to not go extremely crazy with the food unless you are planning to take food home. I knew after four dishes that it was sufficient.

I love Penang and can’t believe that it’s a chain restaurant. The food is incredible but I chalk that up to the right chef in the kitchen who knows what the cuisine is all about. This place is always busy and it’s understandable to see why.

KKI photo

KKI

Boonton, NJ

Love this place and you can get huge discount...

Love this place and you can get huge discount at www.SaveSomeJack.com

12/17/2019

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried T & J Pizzeria, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great pizza - love their mussels Eggplant Parm sandwich was also very good
11/28/2019

A dining patron from Orlando, FL tried Hank's Franks.

7/24/2019

A Pizza chowhound from East Meadow, NY tried Curioni's Pizza.

7/01/2019

An Asian food lover from Huntington Station, NY tried Lodi Chinatown Gourmet Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

5/18/2019

A Mexican food lover from Brooklyn, NY tried El Norte Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/01/2019

A dining patron from Waterville, ME tried Curioni's Pizza.

3/30/2019

A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried T & J Pizzeria, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

3/12/2019

A diner from Bayonne, NJ tried Hank's Franks.

3/02/2019

A dining patron from Passaic, NJ tried Vic's Premium Bagels, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/13/2019

A Chinese food lover from Hoboken, NJ tried China King.

Asian Thai Malaysian

Penang  Restaurant Reviews

Penang is located near the cities of Saddle Brook, Garfield, Hasbrouck Hts, Hasbrouck Heights, and Maywood.
People found this by searching for: Penang Hackensack Nj, Penangs Lodi, Penang's Lodi, Penang Lodi Menu, Penang Lodi, Penang Restaurant Lodi Nj Memu, and Penang Lodi Nj Menu.