4933 Bethesda Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814-5203

Penang Malaysian Cuisine

Cuisine: Malaysian, Lunch, Private Parties

Penang Malaysian Cuisine is a Malaysian, Lunch, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

pradeepsvce photo

pradeepsvce

Baltimore, MD

WORST HORRIBLE PLACE!!..TERRIBLE SERVICE

I went to Penang (Bethesda) on 03/14/08 at about 8:30 pm. An elderly Chinese/malaysian lady served us (or atleast pretended to!) After we ordered appetizers, since we were first timers at Penang and were Vegetarians, we needed some more time for ordering our food. The lady seemed very irritated at this and decided to self-order the vegetarian stuff for us. She did not even mention which ones could be made vegetarian and she spoke something in half-English. She then mentioned to us “Come Early Next Time”..(don’t go Oh my god…there is more to come). She kept telling the kitchen closes at 9:30 whenever she got the chance.We then order whatever she wanted us to order. The food came out in 5 minutes…We ate it and then when we couldn’t finish them, I asked her for 2 boxes..What she brought out was both the boxes and the check!!!…My friend said “Wait, we did not ask for the check since we wanted to order Desserts”…Oops..she says “Too late..Every day Monday-Sunday our restaurant closes at this time”..Kitchen is closed no desserts…come early..OK…
We realised this was the crappiest service we have got and we decided to tip her a bit less than the usual amount…since we thought this restaurant doesn’t deserved it for what service we got. OK now the funniest thing happened…We were about to leave when she took the check to her manager and brought it back to our surprise SHOWS us the tip and says “WHY HAVE U TIPPED ME LESS THAN THE x % we prefer”…I told her “Excuse me..come again??”…I said we thought we have tipped you guys enough for what we deserved…I thought to myself “How cheaper could these people get” …Also thought to myself “I should have gladly taken back the check from her and cancelled what I had given her and given it back..damn I didn’t do that”..Also if they are so concerned about gratuity, why can’t they include it in the check rather than degrading their dignity like this…

PLEASE DON’T GO TO Penang Bethesda…That’s my kind advice!

The people who work there are the cheapest people that you can ever find unless you want to tip them 100 dollars first and then start the service!!!

Roti Canai

I can make better ones at home! the curry dish had more water than vegetables!! haha!

Flying_Pilots photo

Flying_Pilots

Bethesda, MD

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are looking to get a good customer service and want yourself to be treated well, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this restaurant. Though the food is ok but the customer service sucks big time. We were treated like dogs. Had to beg them for water, plates, cups etc., An when we complaint to the Manager of the restaurant, we got and answer saying "WE ARE BUSYGET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its was a freaking ridiculous experience. The Manager/Owner of the restaurant misbehaved big time!!!!!!! If urge you to AVOID this restaurant at ALL times. We want his restaurant to GO down and OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roti Canai (Its a Must)*

TT photo

TT

Hoboken, NJ

cook Malaysian food at home

It’s always more fun to cook Malaysian food at home. You can get the ingredients from www.asiansupermarket365.com

3/17/2021

A Mediterranean food lover from Tel Aviv, 05 tried Tel-Aviv Cafe (CLOSED).

3/11/2021

A dining patron from Bethesda, MD tried Wu's Dynasty Restaurant.

1/08/2021

A diner from Gaithersburg, MD tried Hunan Kitchen.

11/30/2020

A diner from Rockville, MD tried Hinata Sushi Carry Out, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/02/2020

A dining patron from US tried Subway.

7/30/2020

An Italian food lover from Silver Spring, MD tried Positano Restaurant.

7/14/2020

A Pizza food lover from Baltimore, MD tried VÜK Pinball, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2020

A dining patron from US tried Woodmont Grill.

5/13/2020

An Italian food lover from Bethesda, MD tried Pines of Rome.

5/11/2020

A dining patron from Riverside, RI tried Rio Grande Cafe.

Malaysian Dinner Lunch

Penang Malaysian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Penang Malaysian Cuisine is located near the cities of 7, Uninc Montgomery County, Chevy Chase Village, Friendship Village, and Martins Add.
People found this by searching for: Penang Restaurant Virginia, Is Black's Bar And Kitchen Better Than Penang, Penang Bethesda Menu, Penang Malaysian Cuisine Bethesda, Peng Nan Restaurant At Bethesda, Malaysian Restaurant At Va, Penang In Bethesda, Penang Bethesda, and Malaysian Restaurant Va.