31898 Grape St
Lake Elsinore, CA 92532-9785

Peony Chinese Cuisine

Cuisine: Chinese

Peony Chinese Cuisine is a Chinese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid more than $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Clean n tasty"
"Nice"
"Hi"
"Egg foo young "
"Fresh food."
"I really love the food"
"All the food is cooked to order. And the restaurant is always extremely clean."
"Orange chicken"
"Del is he's food"
"Fresh, delicious, reasonably priced food that has no MSG and served fast. Whether you have take out or dine in."
"Food burnt. Called to talk to the manager and they hung up. Bad food and VERY expensive for the quality."
"Have eaten here many times because food is goog and ambiance is pleasant."
"Excellent food, pleasant environment"
"Love the house special chicken. Food is great, a little expensive but worth it. Better for take out than eat in. Atmosphere a little sterile, no ambiance."
"Good food timely service"
Cons
"They close at 9:30pm, I wish they were open later. "
"Drink refills"
"Quantity"
"Ordered Sweet and Sour Pork. The pork was very dry and tough. "
"Nothing"
"Eating area is very plain. No ambiance."
Comments
"If you eat inside you get a lot more food. But we usually order to go. "
  • 4/15/2019

A Chinese chowhound from US tried it.

• 12/01/2018

A diner from Lake Elsinore, CA tried it and liked it.

• 10/13/2018

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried it and liked it.

• 10/07/2018

A Chinese food lover from US tried it.

• 9/18/2018

A Chinese food lover from US tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/08/2018

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/30/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Pomona, CA tried it and didn't like it.

• 8/29/2018

A Chinese chowhound from Corona, CA tried it.

• 4/14/2018

A Chinese chowhound from US tried it.

• 3/28/2018

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

mldeatherage photo

mldeatherage

Wildomar, CA

Worst Food in Southern California. Written by REAL customer

I couldn’t wait to come home and write this review. I went by the reviews posted and I’ll say, I’m not sure who wrote them but they might possibly have had a vested interest in this establishment. I will say, the interior was spot on. Clean and put together really well…That being said, the food was absolutely not even close to either American Chinese or Asian Chinese. I have travelled all over Asia and this wasn’t even close nor is it even CLOSE to the worst chinese I’ve ever had. My wife and I love trying out new places and we eat out alot. I rate this the worst of them all. The customer service was horrible at best. The guy didn’t speak English. Not because he spoke any Asian language rather, he was HISPANIC. Not that that’s bad by any means but…here’s the rest of the story, in a CHINESE restaurant, one person was Chinese that worked. He was one of five cooks. ONE ASIAN out of TENFIFTEEN employees…I actually looked back at the sign to make sure we didn’t walk in to a Mexican restaurant…Really you may ask, YES. really…As for the portions, yes, they are HUGE. That being said, I truly think it was there way of apologizing for the absolutely horrendous customer service we received. The ONLY good things were, the interior and the fried rice. The fried rice wasn’t bad at all. I will NEVER walk through those doors again unless the place changes it’s name to Peonys Mexican Food. Then it might make sense that it’s run by Hispanics and operated by Hispanics. I speak Spanish pretty well, never thought I would have to speak it at a Chinese restaurant. Anyone know how to say Chow Mein in Spanish because the guy taking orders sure didn’t know what I meant when I said it. And he works there. I only know how the fried rice was because he said, “No Show me”. Seriously…that’s what he said. So yeah, this I can guarantee you, this review was written by a real customer. And I will admit, if you are more impressed by quantity rather than quality, this is the place for you. If you aren’t that kind of person, go any where else. ANYWHERE else!!! Oh and last thing, an order of orange chicken, orange-peel beef, fried rice and two soft drinks cost exactly: $54.65 If I had wanted P.F.Chang’s prices I would have expected food that was that good. This place is WAY overcharging for absolutely worthless food. Except for the Fried Rice. That was pretty good.

Orange chicken

Over cooked, too spicy, even for a dish I know is technically spicy…The portions did not cover up the burnt taste of the sauce. Which was thin at best.

Orange-peel Beef

Absolutely the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten…Thin stips of beef, awesome usually, horrible when fried to the consistency of beef jerky. Never had orange-peel Beef, tried something new, may be what it’s supposed to taste like therefore,I will say, if you want to eat something different, DO NOT EAT THE ORANGE-PEEL BEEF! EVER!

gmc photo

gmc

Wildomar, CA

Yum!!!

I haven’t been to the other locations, but I can definately say that the one in Lake Elsinore is awesome. The prices are a little “up there”, but you definately get what you pay for. The amount is usually enough for dinner and lunch the next day; I haven’t tried anything I haven’t liked, and they are always nice and polite. Their service is excellent. And when you dine-in, they are very attentive. The place seems very clean and modern. And it’s very conveniently located. My favorites are the Kung Pao Shrimp, the Orange Peel Chicken and the Sweet and Pungent Beef. My boyfriend swears by the Garlic Chicken. This is the only Chinese restaurant that we will eat at. I highly recommend this place!

Chinese Horrible Disgusting

Peony Chinese Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Peony Chinese Cuisine is located near the cities of Sedco Hills.
People found this by searching for: Peony's Lake Elsinore Menu, Peony's Lake Elsinore, Peony Chinese Cuisine Menu, Peonys Lake Elsinore, Peony Chinese Cuisine Lake Elsinore, Peony Chinese Lake Elsinore, and Peony Chinese Cuisine Lake Elsinore Menu.