Phil's BBQ

Neighborhoods: Midway District
Cuisine: BBQ, Vegan, Lunch

Phil's BBQ is a BBQ, Vegan, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

irisblu1981 photo

irisblu1981

Covina, CA

will frequent phil's

The reputation for how good this place is goes beyond San Diego, I think – I was actually taken here by out of town friends (from Boston) who had read great reviews about this place.

The food was great. They specialize in mesquite-style BBQ. I had the baby back ribs only, half portion (6-7 bones), and it filled me. The price is good – I think I paid under $10. Phil’s is one of those restaurants I admire (like In & Out) that does a rocking job on a couple staple dishes. Don’t get me wrong, the menu is big, but it’s all variations on the same theme – BBQ! This is a place I would frequent.

A note in terms of planning – the venue on Sports Arena Blvd is huge, but nevertheless expect it to be packed & to wait in line a while to order your food.

Baby back rib dinner

October 10, 2013

Ordered their pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw in the sandwich! This was probably the most delicious pork sandwich I have ever eaten. They use the perfect amount of bbq sauce. I love this place!
December 18, 2012

The most delicious ribs. Come here hungry and get some ribs! The meat falls off the bone, and the sauce is delicious. Get some sides and have a great meal!

Diner

from Gayot
August 9, 2012

With Phil's Mission Hills storefront now closed, barbecue fans are grateful for Phil's in Point Loma. The roomy 280-seat restaurant is a bigger and better location with the down-home feel of lots of wood and cozy booths. Five cashiers move…

BBQ Vegan Outdoor seating
Tips
  • Check out the original location in Mission Hills.

Phil's BBQ  Restaurant Reviews

Truluck's Seafood Steak and Crab

Seafood in University City

Terra Restaurant

Contemporary American in Midtown

Phil's BBQ is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Phil's Bbq ... Bbq 3750 Sports Arena Blvd., San Diego, Ca 92110, Phil's Bbq Reviews, How Much Is Phils Bbq Catering, Phil's Place/San Diego, Bbq Restuarants Near The San Diego Sports Arena, How Ling Is The Wait At Phils Bbq, and Fill Bbq In Sport Arena.