Phnom Penh Noodle House

Neighborhoods: International District
Cuisine: Noodle Shop, Vegetarian, Noodles

Phnom Penh Noodle House is a Noodle Shop, Vegetarian, and Noodles restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

iPhone dining journal

K

K

Twin noodle

Fried crispy noodle

Chicken was chewy and didn’t like the wheat noodle

inthebow photo

inthebow

Redmond, WA

What do I try next?

I have never had Cambodian food and I’m glad we went. This is a small place in the International District. As we walked past several dim sum places with lines out the door, I started to wonder a bit since this place wasn’t very crowded. However, it was filling up quickly shortly after we arrived. The staff was very nice and it’s family-friendly. The menu had good descriptions of each dish and it was hard to choose what to order with so many interesting things listed. The portions are sizable and very reasonably priced. We really enjoyed each dish and I want to go back to try some of the other items.

Hay Cung-crispy shrimp and pork rolls

The shrimp and pork are ground up together, wrapped and fried. It’s served with a tamarind sauce. I really enjoyed this as a starter. It’s very light on the shrimp flavor, but it was still very good. I also loved it with the tamarind, just a bit tangy.

Tiah Pa Lau-Chinese herb duck

I love duck and this didn’t disappoint. The pickled vegetables and the dipping sauce cut through the richness of the duck. The portion was really big for the price.

Samlaw Machou Kroeung Samot-seafood sour soup

This dish just looked pretty! This had a number of vegetables i’m not familiar with so it was fun to try this. I loved the sweet and sour of this soup. Everything tasted fresh and the flavors were intense, with just a bit of heat.

Mee Katany Phnom Pehn-seafood with vegetables and crispy egg noodles

I thought this was good and in appearance i would probably give it 4 stars. It comes in this crispy noodle basket. The vegetables and seafood inside were good, nicely cooked, but I was looking for the same intense flavors in the other dishes and it wasn’t quite there. Still a great dish though and if you have young kids, they’ll love the noodles. They crack and fly everywhere!

EddieF photo

EddieF

Redmond, WA

surprisingly good, very homey food. I will...

surprisingly good, very homey food. I will definitely give it another try again. The only problem is that they close so early!!! (8pm on weekdays and 8:30pm on the weekend)

good_eats photo

good_eats

Auburn, WA

Wonderful Catered lunch from Phnom Penh Noodle House

It was just another meeting until this fantastic catered lunch arrived.
Although I can’t tell you about the taste of the meat and seafood items—I’m a vegetarian—and the tofu dishes didn’t have name cards..what I can tell you is that the three tofu dishes that were served were exceptional.
The tofu was prepared to perfection in all three dishes. The noodle dish had fried tofu, as did a vegetable dish and another vegetable dish had steamed tofu and was covered on top with toasted peanuts. With the food as yummy as it was I intend to use this restaurant for my next business or family get together.

ErnestineGozali photo

ErnestineGozali

Seattle, WA

I have to say ummm, its pretty cheap for the big portion....

I have to say ummm, its pretty cheap for the big portion. The beef ball noodle is awesomeeeee :]

July 31, 2012

Fish Cakes and Noodles

Notables are the fish cakes, curry dish, and noodles. The food is cheap and decent. Owners are friendly towards kids, other than the pictures on the...
June 4, 2012

Own the owner's auto-biography as well

Own the owner's auto-biography as well as eating there almost twice a week. My girl friend and I love their pork chop and noodles.

Noodle Shop Cheap Eats Vegetarian
Tips
  • Phnom Penh is a family-run restaurant that has served Seattle since 1987.
Sun-Tue 08:30AM - 08:00PM

Bakeries in Atlantic

Palisade

Brunch in Interbay

Phnom Penh Noodle House  Restaurant Reviews

Phnom Penh Noodle House is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Phnom Penh Noodle House Menu, Phnom Penh Menu Seattle, Phnom Penh Noodle House, Mee Katany Images, Phnom Penh Noodle House Featured In Seattle Magazine, International District Restaurants Seattle Kid Friendly Noodle, Phnom Penh Noodle House Seattle, and Phnom Phen Restaraunt.