Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Westlake
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian, Pan Asian

• 1/27/2014

A Vietnamese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 10/20/2013

A dining patron from Hayward, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

danniestone photo

danniestone

Daly City, CA

I've heard great things about Pho 99 so I...

I’ve heard great things about Pho 99 so I decided to try it out this evening. I ordered the #21, Special Combo with Shrimp, Squid, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeat.

I was surprised that the item description did not list fish balls as an ingredient, but I decided to try it anyway. There were a couple of pieces of imitation crab, but about 4 large prawns and several slices of fish cake and squid. I wasn’t disappointed with the amount, but I realize that I like having fish balls in this dish.

I normally ask for half the normal amount of noodles, but I didn’t tonight. I definitely should have because the dish was more than half noodles. There was not much room for the broth when you take into account the amount of seafood also in the dish. That was a bit disappointing because I was hoping for a nice brothy soup on a cold rainy night like tonight.

I could have lived with the small amount of broth if that were the only problem. However, the broth was not very hot at all! Actually, it was more like very warm. That is supposed to be a key characteristic of Pho, right? Broth so hot that it cooks the meat? The tea was hotter than the broth was. I was a very surprised that the soup came out literally 2 minutes after I ordered. That could have had something to do with why it was not very hot…I can’t be sure about that though.

I think I’ll have to give it another chance, to either confirm or deny whether or not I really like this place.

Special Combo W / Shrimps, Squids, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeats

November 30, 2007

pho! the hangover cure!

the pho here is really good. the perfect cure for a hangover. the rice plates are also really good. i recommend the pork chops with fried chicken over rice. the prices are also very good. an average of about 6 bucks for a rice plate and 5…
June 7, 2006

Overpriced

Even though the prices seemed modest, they are not a value. The food is decent, but nothing better.

12/12/2017

A Steakhouse food lover from US tried Val's Restaurant & Lounge in St. Francis, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

12/07/2017

A Chinese food lover from US tried Koi Palace in Serramonte.

11/29/2017

An American food lover from San Francisco, CA tried Denny's in Serramonte.

11/28/2017

A Dim Sum chowhound from San Francisco, CA tried T C Pastry in St. Francis, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Local place for great Dim Sum
11/25/2017

A diner from Daly City, CA tried Val's Restaurant & Lounge in St. Francis.

11/18/2017

An American chowhound from US tried Denny's in Serramonte, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/17/2017

A diner from San Bruno, CA tried Lech Go Fast Food Bakeshop in St. Francis.

11/11/2017

A diner from Dublin, CA tried Pacific Restaurant in St. Francis.

11/09/2017

A Pho food lover from Palo Alto, CA tried Pho Garden in Serramonte.

11/03/2017

A Cafe food lover from Daly City, CA tried Cafe Durango in Original Daly City, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Vietnamese Delivery Kid Friendly

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant is located near the cities of Westlake, Cape Breton, Colma, Broadmoor, and Glenridge.
People found this by searching for: Pho Delivery Daly City, Pho Westlake Daly City, Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant Menu, Pho 99 Daly City Menu, Westlake Pho Vietnamese Restaurant Daly City, Pho 99 Daly City, Vietnamese Food Westlake Daly, Menu Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant, and Menu For Pho 99 Daly City.