188 Skyline Plz

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Westlake
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian, Pan Asian

• 1/27/2014

A Vietnamese food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 10/20/2013

A dining patron from Hayward, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

danniestone photo

danniestone

Daly City, CA

I've heard great things about Pho 99 so I...

I’ve heard great things about Pho 99 so I decided to try it out this evening. I ordered the #21, Special Combo with Shrimp, Squid, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeat.

I was surprised that the item description did not list fish balls as an ingredient, but I decided to try it anyway. There were a couple of pieces of imitation crab, but about 4 large prawns and several slices of fish cake and squid. I wasn’t disappointed with the amount, but I realize that I like having fish balls in this dish.

I normally ask for half the normal amount of noodles, but I didn’t tonight. I definitely should have because the dish was more than half noodles. There was not much room for the broth when you take into account the amount of seafood also in the dish. That was a bit disappointing because I was hoping for a nice brothy soup on a cold rainy night like tonight.

I could have lived with the small amount of broth if that were the only problem. However, the broth was not very hot at all! Actually, it was more like very warm. That is supposed to be a key characteristic of Pho, right? Broth so hot that it cooks the meat? The tea was hotter than the broth was. I was a very surprised that the soup came out literally 2 minutes after I ordered. That could have had something to do with why it was not very hot…I can’t be sure about that though.

I think I’ll have to give it another chance, to either confirm or deny whether or not I really like this place.

Special Combo W / Shrimps, Squids, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeats

November 30, 2007

pho! the hangover cure!

the pho here is really good. the perfect cure for a hangover. the rice plates are also really good. i recommend the pork chops with fried chicken over rice. the prices are also very good. an average of about 6 bucks for a rice plate and 5…
August 10, 2005

Worth the drive

I live about half an hour away from Pho 99 Restaurant, but once in a while when I crave for really good pho, I would definitely make the drive there. Although Pho 99 looks like any other pho restaurants, the quality and quantity of their…

6/22/2018

A diner from Gastonville, PA tried Canton Dim Sum & Seafood Restaurant.

6/11/2018

An American chowhound from Deland, FL tried Long John Silver's.

6/03/2018

A Lunch specials food lover from Dublin, CA tried Golden Moon Restaurant in Sunnydale.

5/31/2018

A dining patron from US tried Chick & Coop 3 in Original Daly City, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/30/2018

A dining patron from Pacifica, CA tried Kukje Market Restaurant.

5/20/2018

An American chowhound from Hayward, CA tried Sizzler in Serramonte.

5/16/2018

A Mexican food lover from San Francisco, CA tried El Potosino and liked it. They liked the service.

5/14/2018

A dining patron from US tried The Habit Burger Grill, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

5/14/2018

A Burgers food lover from US tried The Habit Burger Grill and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
I ordered a #1 with cheese. Which is a burger with cheese, 1 fry nd 1 onion ring. My partner ordered a burger and 2 onion ring orders. The cashier repeated my order back to me, we agreed. She ve us the square sensor to inform us when order was ready. The
5/12/2018

A Korean food lover from Pacifica, CA tried Dae Jang Geum Tofu House. They liked the ambiance.

Pros
delicious food and very good service
Vietnamese Delivery Kid Friendly

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant is located near the cities of Westlake, Cape Breton, Colma, Broadmoor, and Glenridge.
People found this by searching for: Vietnamese Food Westlake Daly, Westlake Pho Vietnamese Restaurant Daly City, Pho Delivery Daly City, Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant Menu, Pho 99 Daly City, Pho 99 Daly City Menu, Menu Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant, Menu For Pho 99 Daly City, and Pho Westlake Daly City.