188 Skyline Plz

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Westlake
Cuisine: Vietnamese, Asian, Pan Asian

• 1/27/2014

A Vietnamese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 10/20/2013

A Vietnamese food lover from Hayward, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

danniestone photo

danniestone

Daly City, CA

I've heard great things about Pho 99 so I...

I’ve heard great things about Pho 99 so I decided to try it out this evening. I ordered the #21, Special Combo with Shrimp, Squid, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeat.

I was surprised that the item description did not list fish balls as an ingredient, but I decided to try it anyway. There were a couple of pieces of imitation crab, but about 4 large prawns and several slices of fish cake and squid. I wasn’t disappointed with the amount, but I realize that I like having fish balls in this dish.

I normally ask for half the normal amount of noodles, but I didn’t tonight. I definitely should have because the dish was more than half noodles. There was not much room for the broth when you take into account the amount of seafood also in the dish. That was a bit disappointing because I was hoping for a nice brothy soup on a cold rainy night like tonight.

I could have lived with the small amount of broth if that were the only problem. However, the broth was not very hot at all! Actually, it was more like very warm. That is supposed to be a key characteristic of Pho, right? Broth so hot that it cooks the meat? The tea was hotter than the broth was. I was a very surprised that the soup came out literally 2 minutes after I ordered. That could have had something to do with why it was not very hot…I can’t be sure about that though.

I think I’ll have to give it another chance, to either confirm or deny whether or not I really like this place.

Special Combo W / Shrimps, Squids, Fish Cake Slices & Imitation Crabmeats

November 30, 2007

pho! the hangover cure!

the pho here is really good. the perfect cure for a hangover. the rice plates are also really good. i recommend the pork chops with fried chicken over rice. the prices are also very good. an average of about 6 bucks for a rice plate and 5…
August 10, 2005

Worth the drive

I live about half an hour away from Pho 99 Restaurant, but once in a while when I crave for really good pho, I would definitely make the drive there. Although Pho 99 looks like any other pho restaurants, the quality and quantity of their…

10/06/2018

A Ramen chowhound from Redwood City, CA tried Yoshi Ramen and Sushi, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Lion King Roll
Cons
None so far
9/29/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Daly City, CA tried Val's Restaurant & Lounge in St. Francis, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Excellent fish dishes
9/23/2018

A Korean chowhound from Daly City, CA tried Kukje Market Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/02/2018

A Cajun food lover from Daly City, CA tried Shaking Crab in Westlake.

9/01/2018

A dining patron from US tried Little Caesars in Westborough.

8/20/2018

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried Val's Restaurant & Lounge in St. Francis.

8/14/2018

A diner from South San Francisco, CA tried California Fish Grill.

8/04/2018

A dining patron from US tried Chick & Coop 3 in Original Daly City and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

8/04/2018

A Steakhouse food lover from Pacifica, CA tried Outback Steakhouse in Serramonte.

7/28/2018

A Chicken food lover from CA tried Chick & Coop 3 in Original Daly City.

Vietnamese Delivery Kid Friendly

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant is located near the cities of Westlake, Cape Breton, Colma, Broadmoor, and Glenridge.
People found this by searching for: Pho Delivery Daly City, Pho Westlake Daly City, Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant Menu, Westlake Pho Vietnamese Restaurant Daly City, Vietnamese Food Westlake Daly, Menu For Pho 99 Daly City, Menu Pho 99 Vietnamese Restaurant, Pho 99 Daly City Menu, and Pho 99 Daly City.