11688 South St
Artesia, CA 90701

Pickles Indian Cuisine

Neighborhoods: ABC
Cuisine: Indian, Lunch, Chicken

Pickles Indian Cuisine is a Indian, Lunch, and Chicken restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Cons
"Well-nothing positive to say where filthy looking and dressed owner serve customers. Owner's son came to take our order with food all over his shirt and pant showing wet sweaty back.....ew.. South Indian owner lady looks and dress horrible-no smile and"
  • 8/22/2015

An Indian chowhound from Carmichael, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
mgpinkish photo

mgpinkish

Cerritos, CA

City Plaza's Indian food

Pickles Indian Kitchen is a great restaurant. Overall, the employees seem to enjoy their job and are always more than happy to explain anything to their customers. It’s a good environment to be in. The restaurant has huge brightly colored paintings of Indian women, mangos and trees. The restaurant also sells pickles in jars near the cash register. If you want my opinion, the restaurant has a home-like feel to it. Home-like feel in that their employees remember their customers and the brightly colored walls as well as the painting seem to welcome you each time you enter the restaurant.

Located inside City Plaza, there’s a lot of available parking. However, parking is often hard to obtain if you come to City Plaza during a busy time (ex. lunch or dinner). You might want to also keep in mind that there are many other restaurants at City Plaza in addition to Pickles Indian Kitchen, which explains why parking tends to be fully be occupied during lunch or dinner times. Try to get to Pickles Indian Kitchen 10 minutes (give or take) before you get hungry just so that you can focus on finding a parking spot.

If I remember correctly, they’re closed between the hours of 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. I know this since I was once hungry at 4 PM, wanted Indian food, came to Pickles and learned that they were closed. I ended up taking a menu from their restaurant instead. (They place menus outside of their restaurant.)

In regards to food, they offer vegetarian items as well as non-vegetarian (chicken, mutton and seafood) items. To date, I’ve had their kadai paneer, karaikudi fries and samosas. Overall, their food has been tasty. Unfortunately, there have been times when I’ve eaten the same dish and it didn’t taste exactly the same as the first time I ate the dish. I came to realize that this may have something to do with the restaurant having more than one chef. (I am assuming that each chef cooks a bit differently from the other.)

Last but not least, their prices are a bit on the expensive side.

Kadai Paneer

Kadai paneer is good. It’s hard to describe the many flavors found within this dish. There are the spices and then there are the cubes of cottage cheese that just melt into your mouth. YUM! I want to give this dish five stars, however there have been times when the dish wasn’t as scrumptious as the first time and second time I consumed it, so I had to give it a rating of four stars. If you’re new to Indian food and can handle spicy, try kadai paneer. You’ll thank me! Just thinking about this dish makes my mouth water. Oh, and the dish comes with basmati rice.

Karaikudi Fries

Fries with a twist! If you’re bored of McDonald’s fries, give karaikudi fries a try. They’re more flavorful and probably a whole lot healthier than McDonald’s fries. The fries are crinkled and eaten with sliced onions and cilantro. I’ve eaten this dish greasy and non-greasy before. I honestly prefer the greasy version of this dish. I guess the dish isn’t always exactly the same since a different chef may be making it for you. When i t’s greasy, this dish deserves four stars.

Samosas

Very good, but nothing too special considering the fact that you can get samosas almost anywhere in Artesia. You can also probably get samosas elsewhere for a cheaper price. Anyway, what I did find to be different in Pickles Indian Kitchen’s samosas were that their potatos were well hydrated and thus, made the samosas more tasty in comparison to the samosas I’ve had at other Indian restaurants. If you’ve never had samosas, they basically are triangular empanadas, filled with spiced potatos that have been mashed, peas and coriander. They’re usually eaten with a sweet (red) or spicy (green) chutney.

RamK photo

RamK

Cypress, CA

Worst Service - No respect to Customers

I have been in U.S since 7 years and I never experienced such a bad hospitality in any of the U.S restuarants. This is the most bad resturant for hospitality. Here is what happened to me when I visited Pickles for brunch today (i.e., 2/1/2014). I went to this resturant at around 11:30 a.m. on saturday. I was very hungry. I went there and sat on one seat. Server came and gave me the menu. He didnot turn up until 10minutes, so I called him and ordered “Uttapam” and Tea, I told him to serve me tea after uttapam. Without warning me that uttapam will take 30 minutes to prepare he went inside and gave the order. I was in the impression that I will get uttapam in 5 or 10 mintues. After 5 min, he came and served me tea. I told him I cannot have it until I finish uttapam. He took that inside. I waited for uttapam for 15 mintues, and meanwhile I realised that the buffet for lunch has started. Since, I did not get my uttapam and I was very hungry, I told the server to cancel uttapam and I am going to take the buffet. He went inside and came bask after few minutes and told me that uttapam is on grill. But, I told him to cancel the uttapam since I am having lunch. He did not say anything and I continued with my lunch. After some time he bought Uttapam. I was shocked to see Uttapam on my seat. He dint even waited for me before putting uttapam on my table. He put uttapam and left. When I see uttapam on my table, I got shocked. I called the server and asked him why he put it when I already cancelled it. Then he started telling me that once any item is on grill we cannot cancel it. When I asked him why you dint tell me that when I asked him to cancel it. Now, when I started my lunch you are asking me to take both. When I started talking to this server, that time the owner of the resturant Mr.Nageshware Rao heard our conversation and he started arguring with me. He started telling me that you ordered it and when it is on grill you have to take it, there is no other way. When I told him that your server has not informed me that I have to accept the order when it is on the grill. He was not in a position to listen to me at all. When I told him that I am going to give a review on it. He got angry and asked me whether I am threatening him. I said yes I am threatening because you did not properly communicated me about the order. Then he raised his pitch and told me “I dont care about your damn review, go and do whatever you want”. I got surprised and shocked to hear that. I mean in India there is a saying “Atiti Devo Bava” meaning “Guest is like God”. Here, I am seeing a person who is the owner of the restuarant and when I went there as paying guest, he humiliated me with such an arroagance, I decided never to go this place in my entire life again. Finally, I end up paying for both uttapam and lunch buffet. I mean we go to restuarants to have some peace of mind, but here I am seeing a restuarant that gives you more stress than peace.

Ben

from GrubHub
August 7, 2008

Oh yeah this is amazing! I loved it. I loved the service. They just need to update there grub hub menu

12/08/2018

A chowhound from Baton Rouge, LA tried Podi Dosa.

11/27/2018

A chowhound from La Puente, CA tried Podi Dosa.

9/23/2018

A Filipino food lover from Anchorage, AK tried Crispy House, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

9/16/2018

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried Crispy House.

8/09/2018

A food lover from La Mirada, CA tried Podi Dosa and liked it. They liked the food and didn't like the service.

6/04/2018

A Ramen chowhound from Palo Alto, CA tried Tampopo Restaurant.

5/29/2018

A dining patron from US tried Podi Dosa.

5/15/2018

A Mexican chowhound from US tried Rodrigo's Mexican Grill and liked it. They liked the ambiance.

5/05/2018

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Quest Yes Food.

4/29/2018

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried Canaan Restaurant in ABC and liked it.

Indian Lunch Chicken

Pickles Indian Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Pickles Indian Cuisine is located near the cities of Cerritos, Bellflower, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, and Norwalk.
People found this by searching for: Pickles In Cerriitos, Pickles Indian Restaurant Artesia, Pickles Artesia, Pickels Artesia, Pickles Restaurant Artesia, Pickles Indian Restaurant, and Pickle Restaurant Artesia.