1427 N Lake Ave
Pasadena, CA 91104-5024

Pinocchio's Pizza

Neighborhoods: North Central
Cuisine: Italian, Pizza

Pinocchio's Pizza is a Italian and Pizza restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 6/15/2014

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 8/06/2013

• 7/06/2013

An Italian chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 5/14/2013

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

Pizza

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Subpar Italian

It’s nice when you can be friends with the ex, and even better when you can punch him every now and then for picking a less than stellar place to hang out.

For Monday Night Football, he likes to hang here after work, and since he’s still one of my best friends, this is where I go when I need to talk to him about “stuff” if we can’t figure out any other mutually convenient day of the week.

The place is dimly lit with warm colored walls, sexy leather brown couches in the center and open booths along the perimeter. There are flat screen tv’s all over the place, so there’s really no bad seat in the house for whatever game it is that you’re following. Its got alot of potential except that there’s never a crowd here, so it falls short. Instead of trendy singles, you find entire young sport teams here with their chaperone dads kickin’ it. So hey, there’s never a wait for those of us that do come here.

So instead of a lounge-y atmosphere, it looks and feels more like a dim family room complete with a center section of couches encircling a low lying large coffee table. Its pretty awkward to sit in this area to eat. Drinks on a cozy couch, maybe, if this was a date, but you’re out there in the open for everyone to see. Not alot of privacy as the lights aren’t dim enough.

I’ve tried many of their dishes because I’m simply there and hungry, and heck, my good ole friend is the consummate gentleman who still pays, even though he doesn’t have to.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Appetizers:

• Bruschetta – its alright
  • Caprese – just ok…not enough basil
  • Cesar Salad – just standard

Entrees:

• Fettucini Alfredo – lackluster. I don’t cook, but even I can probably make this better.
  • Chicken Parmigiana – this one is actually pretty good, although I don’t like spaghetti noodles and prefer angel hair.

It’s not my favorite place to chill or to watch any game, Lakers preferably. But sometimes, the meeting location isn’t my choice and I’m just in an obliging mood because a) he likes it, and b) I need a sympathetic ear of a good long time friend.

I suspect he likes this place because it’s not a “scene” so that he can just be left alone to chill.

Chicken Parmigiana

Rainy

from GrubHub
June 24, 2014

We love ordering from here. The food is always good. We especially like the lasagna and the pizzas.
December 31, 2012

Food was here in exactly 45 minutes, which is the amount of time they said it would take. We got two eggplant parm dinners and they were fantastic. Salads were huge and had lots of extra veggies, not just lettuce. I asked for spaghetti…
October 16, 2012

I was looking for great pizza and I found it.

Italian Pizza Delivery
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

Pinocchio's Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

Pinocchio's Pizza is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Italian Restaurants In 91104, Pinocchio's Pizza Pasadena, Pinocchio Lake Street, Pinocchio's Pizza Menu 91104, Pasadena Fast Food Delivery, Pinocchio's Pizza Pasadena Menu, and Pinocchio's Pasadena.